• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Best Speakers Made In The 70s

Back in the mid-1970's, I heard a pair of Rectilinear 5's making very nice noise -- and I still remember it.
 
My list is probably not quite in line with the OP's stipulation that they should be 3-way speakers, but in no particular order:

Fulton J Modulars
Beveridge SW2 (2 way)
Carver Amazings (2 way)
Klipschorn

Best Regards,
TerryO
 
M&K had a satalite system that was amazing.

Otherwise... might it be simpler to ask what maker didn't make anything worth while in the 70s?
 
Before posting I googled the dates. But info on the net is not very reliable and I could be wrong.
 
EV interface D's

As an owner of a pair since 1978 I think it's a shame that (in my opinion) these are not better known.

They certainly have the ability to grab the foundation of your home and shake it to smithereens! :thmbsp:
 
My list is probably not quite in line with the OP's stipulation that they should be 3-way speakers, but in no particular order:

Fulton J Modulars
Beveridge SW2 (2 way)
Carver Amazings (2 way)
Klipschorn

Best Regards,
TerryO
I had many Beveridges back in the '70's.
 
Given my proclivity for JBLs, I'm surprised not to see anyone suggest the 4333A monitors or their consumer version the L300 Summits—if you're only going to limit choices to three-ways.

attachment.php


Or, if you were looking for more pedestrian models (like what I own), maybe the 4411 or consumer version L112 "Century II".

jbll112sb.jpg
 
Gale GA-401A, certainly one of the most striking looking and it has its share of admirers froma sonic point of view also.
 

Attachments

  • Gale GS401A on stand.JPG
    Gale GS401A on stand.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 168
Back
Top Bottom