• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Best stand for Technics Sl-7

kceateva

Active Member
About too get my new SL-7 turntable in the mail and want to find a good stand for it.
I watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kkB9hGYvYA
but cant find that stand was also looking at guitar stands that may work?
http://www.amazon.com/Acoustic-Electric-Classical-Guitars-Mandolin/dp/B00K17YFBW/ref=sr_1_53?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1423861033&sr=1-53&keywords=mini+instrument+stands

But not sure just wondering if anyone else found a suitable stand that they may share some info or ideas thanks in advance! :music:
 
Register to hide this ad
Any ol' shelf will work. What are your cartridge plans for the table? Mine has the at92e.
 
Yeah I am having trouble deciding I have a grado 8mz stylus but no Grado P-mount and I have a Shure 105E Pmount cartridge, but no needle for it. Plus I have a puckering P-mount but no stylus. So I am wondering which would be the best option? I also have a 150mxl Audio Technica but no p-mount to put it on and I probably put that on my Denon 62L.
 
right now whats on the turn table is a Technics p24 not sure if its a replacement stylus of not but it sounds good, and the guy said it was new but who knows
 
The Audio Technica 92ECD is your best cartridge option for the money.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Nice turntable. I have a couple of SL-5s, the lower end unit. One that I bought came with an old Technics P30 on it (which is the same or similar to P24) that surprised me, sounds nice. Other Pmounts I've tried are the ubiquitious AT92E and a Jico stylus on a old Shure N104E. In my experience a Grado black Pmount doesn't sound as good as the others, but we all hear things differently. Good luck!
 
Hey so the turntable is getting tuck, and I think its the railing not having enough oil. Just wondering which oil to use the guy I got it from said use machine oil or to use teflon? Just want some input thank you.
 
Back
Top Bottom