• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Birthdays

I am doing Ronnie's job for one year now. The poor feedback of the members getting a birthday thread is still very frustrating. So I would like to announce that I am looking for somebody who is carrying on this tradition (and does not get frustrated). There is no hurry, I will most likely carry on until next March. But then we need somebody else.
Are you saying members who receive birthday greetings don't respond with a "Thank You"? That doesn't seem right. In fact downright rude if you ask me. I'm nowhere near the post count needed, but I would personally thank those who sent me wishes.
 
Are you saying members who receive birthday greetings don't respond with a "Thank You"? That doesn't seem right.

Exactly this. But in such members defense we should perhaps consider that some of them just oversee their birthday thread because they never join the General Off Topic forum. On the other hand - Ronnie's and my service should be known in the entire forum because it's been lasting for several years, so the "notable members" might check the General Off Topic forum on their birthday - but they don't...

Okay then - enough now of whining about this... ;) promised... ;)

:beerchug:
 
I understand your frustration, Chris. As you said, some of the members may be unaware of the birthday posts. I lurked on AK for years before I discovered the Off Topic forums. Once I did I became inspired to become a part of the AK community. [Shameless plug on] I'm certainly looking forward to you wishing me a happy birthday 8 days from now. [Shameless plug off] :)

On a technical note. If you put @username in your post doesn't the member get an alert? In any case I don't think that you are whining.

-Dave
 
Exactly this. But in such members defense we should perhaps consider that some of them just oversee their birthday thread because they never join the General Off Topic forum. On the other hand - Ronnie's and my service should be known in the entire forum because it's been lasting for several years, so the "notable members" might check the General Off Topic forum on their birthday - but they don't...

Okay then - enough now of whining about this... ;) promised... ;)

:beerchug:
Chris maybe you could post the Happy Birthday with the @username then the person is notified.
 
Back
Top Bottom