• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bitcoin

Saw a local news report a few nights ago about a woman who entrusted her $100K life savings to a financial advisor who convinced her she could make some quick money. She hasn't seen her advisor or money since.

Very sad. If using a financial advisor you certainly need to do your background work and make sure they are bonded. Financial advisor or not people who are pushing quick get rich schemes should always be avoided IMO. As the article mentions crypto is difficult to trace. It has become the preferred method for gaining access to and then stealing peoples money. Of course it has often been found that once these thieves get the money they immediately convert the crypto to cash.
 
Last edited:
I have a nephew that is a fincial advisor and sells crypto currency. I’m 60yrs old and am able to retire whenever I want atvthis point. He wants to “talk” to me about investing in crypto currency. He’s already caught a couple of other uncles and I’m hoping he just forgets about it. I think it’s a pyramid scheme that will crumble. I don’t want any part of it.

My situation is similar. I don't need the money. I'm set in my ways. I can run out the clock with ease.
 
Been good for me, I bought $50 worth in 2013 when it was around AUD $500, just because it was a geeky thing to do. A lot of people who bought early on lost the lot because they lost/forgot about their crypto wallet/authenticator and/or the password after a few computer upgrades. I almost lost it, as my 2013 phone held the authenticator and at that at the time the 2FA authenticator was not transferable.

I also had a couple of USB mining sticks which mined up a tiny amount of .002 BTC while computer wasn't running in 2013. At the time it worked out at around $1 return for a lot of running around so I stopped. That has grown to $135 over the years.

It took quite a bit of forensic work to recover everything a couple of years ago.

If it ever tanks, I've lost 50 bucks. I've never traded and would be reluctant these days to invest any more.

There's billions of dollars sitting out there lost & unclaimed on old hard drives/USBs. If you've forgotten your old crypto wallet password/phrase you're pretty well screwed. And if your old Bitcoin is sitting in your crypto wallet on an old hard drive in landfill, you're never getting it back.

And a bit of trivia: The first Bitcoin transaction was for two pizzas for 10,000 bit coins. At today's prices each pizza would be worth $337,555,000 USD
 
Back
Top Bottom