• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bonus! Mystery Speaker Game (8)

I beg to differ. I have one under my nose, and it has four mounting holes. Picture coming shortly.


Must depend on the series?
_img400x300_980017687bose_901_repair.jpg
 
looks like I need to re-up the pics...

nope not working

Maybe I have to pay a subscriber fee or I can't post pics now? :cry:
 
No correct answer yet. I don't know much about them...so I don't have very many hints...

How about a pic of the guy who made them?:scratch2:

th_picspeaker5.jpg
 
Is this one too hard?

Ready for a new hint? :scratch2:

How about the city or a first-letter...

No Mystery 9 til this one's found :zoom:
 
Susurus, Your games are certainly fun.

I've noticed most of your speakers posted are not popular models.

What are your top 3 best sounding oddities? I would be really interested in your opinion. Have you found any sleepers.

Thanks! So many gurus on AK that it's truly hard to come up with something rather unknown, yet still interesting or unusual in some respect. :yes:

Well I was shocked that the ESS nines can image!

I'd have to say my 2 mystery amps were very good indeed-- tarior has the larger one now, so he's the one to ask.

I imagine the funky duo-dome Sony's are gonna sound great if I ever refoam all four woofers. Need to get some very large roll foams.

Let's be generous and say the EMF and the currently unguessed one are not 'ambitious' designs.
 
Gotcha all stumped? :scratch2:

Hints:

Company name starts with letter 'D'.
Company was based in The Valley.

I have another one after you guess this one...
 
Hint:

Company owner's first name-- "David".

Last name: also started with "D".

I thought this would be hard, with only one mention in all of AK. Didn't think I'd have to give the answer away like the first Mystery Speaker. :sadwave:
 
not yet guessed...

Hint:

Even a full web search comes up with almost no mention! Like there's a conspiracy or Orwellian re-writing of history.
 
Not that. Check the hints.

Another hint? I found:

Only one mention on Audiogon. One.

One mention on SteveHoffman. One.

One mention on a Paintball Forum. :rockon:
 
Kudos for finding the right brand for the AlNiCo woofers: Heppner

This site shows the same cone, in a similar cage.

Guess these were made for guitars, maybe not many went into home speakers.

Now, for the speakers themselves... any guesses? :scratch2:
 
MCS?

I have seen these speaks before... and my tired brain cells are almost functioning!

:headscrat


Kudos for finding the right brand for the AlNiCo woofers: Heppner

This site shows the same cone, in a similar cage.

Guess these were made for guitars, maybe not many went into home speakers.

Now, for the speakers themselves... any guesses? :scratch2:
 
Kudos for finding the right brand for the AlNiCo woofers: Heppner

This site shows the same cone, in a similar cage.

Guess these were made for guitars, maybe not many went into home speakers.

Now, for the speakers themselves... any guesses? :scratch2:

I just used google and entered 'Speaker manufacturer codes" and this was the first link I clicked on:
http://www.webervst.com/codes.html

Clicking on the 'More Speaker Codes' button got the Heppner code. I hadn't seen that name in decades and I was pretty sure I had the right name when the clues were listed, especially the one that showed "Company owner's name is David".

They look like they could be Olson or Lafayette. They also look a lot like the ones a local store sold as a private brand.
 
The company name starts with D. The company does not start with B or M or H.

There are more than two Davids... :scratch2: Duchoveny, Hafler, Heppner?
 
Back
Top Bottom