• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

BOSE 901/EQ not working

You know. From my experience with 901s a friend had an old set stored in a basement. I advised him to get them out of there. Anyway, after an inspection, we fired them up. No eq. We both agreed that it wasn't necessary. I tossed in my own DBX eq. And we turned them around. 8 drivers to the front. Not big direct reflecting fans. Just our experience. I do understand wanting to have one in the set. Myself, I wouldn't be concerned if a set I was looking at was missing the eq. Many are missing them. Went to a nightclub in Germany. Owner had two pairs up towards the ceiling. He said he didn't use the eqs.
 
I just swamped out my receiver after using my 901's and the EQ successfully for years (one of the channels was cutting out). Now when i reconnected the EQ it doesn't seem to be working (movement of the treble and bass makes no difference when i slide the button) Tape 2 monitor when i press it makes no output and its connected to the Tape 2 Monitor on the back of the receiver as well. Any advice? Receiver is an Onkyo TX8211.
I have a bose eq on my shelf. i would donate the eq for a donation to help the gofund me fellow. "Grumpy". Just my 2 cents, it's used and clean. I'm an unemplyed musician on less than $400 social security, no money for go fund me , but I have gear! (an a heart) Stumbled into your post. Perhaps not a practical solution. I used Bose 800's commercially for 20 years. A fill in drummer took them to the factory for detailing. Award winning Bose engineer, since retired. Fabulous cab for the human voice, short throw. Eventaully part of a tri=amp direct radiating system. Unheard of in common rock and country for obvious reasons. Dear sir carry on your quest! Amar Bose a rare owner of a company that sued consumer reports and won!. Alot of physics in sound contracting and so truly individual after listening with cognitive audio bias! After touring I dedicated 30 years to alzheimers and music. Changed my life for the better. frosty413@gmail if I am needed.
PS I have a pair of Bose 6x9 at 1 ohm, nos (Caddilac, as i recall) Like to build a cab for those soon. Alot of gear, little cash or ability tech wise.I did find my niche in relieving suffering with a guitar.
Trust I spoke respectfully, don't wanna get blocked trying to help out. warm regards, frosty413, located south of the old sprague capacitor factory!
 
Back
Top Bottom