• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Boston a150

Register to hide this ad
You did good, even if they need surrounds. I really dig the color. Love the A150's as well as their bigger brothers.
 
Well the Official Boston Acoustics thread about the value of the A-series says they are worth their number. Can't see that with the 400 but the others can fall along those lines. Get the surrounds checked out, refoamed if needed and you got you something.
 
I have a set of A100's. I refoamed them myself. Surrounds fit and look fine. Don't know if you have, but It is not difficult to do, if yours need it. Enjoy.
 
I just got a set of a150s off CL for $10!

The guy said he had over 20 responses but I was the first.

Can't wait to refoam them and see how they sound :)
 
I just got a set of a150s off CL for $10!

The guy said he had over 20 responses but I was the first.

Can't wait to refoam them and see how they sound :)
You ought to seriously consider recapping the crossovers while you're in there, you could do it while the glue dries on the surrounds. Yes it does make an audible difference.
 

The ad is gone, so we have no idea what they look like or how much the seller was asking. Photos and text should have been copied and pasted to the thread.

FWIW, I bought a pair of A150 in oak with beige grilles for $100 on CL and that was a nice deal. The risers at the bottom were beat up black vinyl covered press board. A friend of mine made new risers to replicate the stock ones out of oak. They are in my living room system and look and sound fabulous.
 
Last edited:
For some reason nobody wants A100s anywhere around me. I came in to a few pairs and could barely get more than $20 per pair.

I always felt as though they were the last iteration of the Large Advent.. KLH Six.. AR whatever one has the 10" and tweeter...
 
Rick Cobb has the correct surrounds. BA's surrounds in this era were a bit unusual, and it's worthwhile to spend a bit more for the right parts. They're excellent speakers. I bought a pair of Series II at the Salvation Army store several years back fully intending to flip them, and they have yet to leave.
 
Back
Top Bottom