• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Boston Acoustics A40 - refoaming

All done. Looks OK at best...
The foam was not 100% fit unfortunately. Very nice instructions, tools, etc. but the foam was just a tad bit bigger. I managed to glue it on just to practice; at least I finished a pair of speakers. I will give it a try tomorrow on low level, but my expectations are not too high.
many thansk for all of you chiming in. Sure made it more fun!
 
I've done many with the "D" battery trick- A70s and A40s- and had fantastic results so far.

If you shimmer correctly, I give you good odds you're okay.

Love the BA sound. I plan on real wood veneering some a40s and A70s at some point....
 
I will try the next pair with that approach, just need to get some good description.
However, i am listening to Supertramp's Logical Song (radio) on the A40's.
Low level, but still enough to appreciate how nice these little guys sound.
Boy I am glad I went back to GW to get them fot $5...
 
So I went to simplyspeakers.com and found this kit which is around $27 bewore shipping http://www.simplyspeakers.com/boston-acoustics-speaker-foam-edge-repair-kit-fsk-6.5.html whereas partsexpress.com has this set for basically $22 http://www.simplyspeakers.com/boston-acoustics-speaker-foam-edge-repair-kit-fsk-6.5.html Is there any real difference between the two? Should I buy the first set which actually specifically says Boston? Probably a dumb question, but thought I'd ask anyway, since the Parts Express kit has dust caps too, and one of mine is pushed in a bit. Thanks, James.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom