• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bottlehead Stereomour on the way...

I've been wanting to try SET 2A3 on my Altec Model 19's but hesitated on several opportunities to do so. Well, last month I finally stepped up and ordered a Bottlehead Stereomour.

Just got the notice that it shipped out Yesterday and is expected to be delivered 11/27. :banana:

Updates to come....
 
Register to hide this ad
I have some Paramounts (configured for 45) running my Model 19's. The Stereomour is a fantastic amp with phenomenal instructions from what I have read. Post back, I think you are going to be very happy.
 
I have some Paramounts (configured for 45) running my Model 19's. The Stereomour is a fantastic amp with phenomenal instructions from what I have read. Post back, I think you are going to be very happy.

I am currently running them off an F5 SS Class A amp at 25wpc. I'm curious to see what a difference the low powered 2A3 tube will deliver. I thought about trying it with 45's but I'm concerned about getting decent volume levels at that low of wattage. What's your experience?
 
I can get them to ear splitting levels and I haven't noticed any problems with dynamics or clipping. So, for me, 2 watts has been more than adequate.
 
I have a pair of 2a3 Paramours that I've enjoyed for several years along with the Bottlehead Foreplay III. You can spent a lot more money and not do better.
 
Another satisfied customer with my 2A3 Paramounts. I have thought of running 45s with them in the future, but I am pretty dang happy with them and my Chorus II. I had a blast building my Bottlehead kits. Have fun with the build and you're gonna love the 2A3s.

Kim
 
I have a pair of 2a3 Paramours that I've enjoyed for several years along with the Bottlehead Foreplay III. You can spent a lot more money and not do better.

I wish they still offered the Paramours. No better value in flea amps IMO. And they are so much fun to build!
 
I was shocked to see that the Paramount kit sells for $1700. That's a good bit more than what the Paramours cost a few years ago. Are the Paramounts a much improved replacement for the Paramours? The single chassis Stereomour looks to be the best value.

You'll find Bottlehead gear on A'gon and usually much cheaper than the kits but many builders of these kits are meticulous in their efforts and produce very high quality results.

The resale price of Bottlehead gear is not that high as they look homespun and lack "bling". I would think that most of us who own the gear value their performance over appearance, although I find the DIY look appealing.
 
I was shocked to see that the Paramount kit sells for $1700. That's a good bit more than what the Paramours cost a few years ago. Are the Paramounts a much improved replacement for the Paramours? The single chassis Stereomour looks to be the best value.

You'll find Bottlehead gear on A'gon and usually much cheaper than the kits but many builders of these kits are meticulous in their efforts and produce very high quality results.

The resale price of Bottlehead gear is not that high as they look homespun and lack "bling". I would think that most of us who own the gear value their performance over appearance, although I find the DIY look appealing.

Yes. I had lamented Bottleheads decision to raise prices to the point where it's not really an entry level product anymore. I imagine the new kits come with what you and I would have considered upgrades like the CCC kits etc. but I was very dissappointed I would not be able to build another pair of Paramours. The new stuff is out of my price rAnge.

Nevertheless I still think they have a great product. Maybe for Christmas they will do a re-issue of the "classics". Hey, like Ferrari, they can make them available only to previous customers. Lol.
 
Just a few words for you....prepare to fall in love :yes: A SE amp coupled with high efficiency speakers is often the final stop for the audio folk ;)
 
Last edited:
It's hard not to just jump in and start assembling it, but it is a good idea to take the time to put a nice finish on the aluminum plate. They look nice as they are, but they scratch and scuff very easily. It is a bitch to disassemble them for painting if you decide to do it later on, as I did with my Foreplay. I painted my paramount's with hammertone, but just used some clear lacquer on the Foreplay.
 
Finishing the top plate . . .

It's hard not to just jump in and start assembling it, but it is a good idea to take the time to put a nice finish on the aluminum plate. They look nice as they are, but they scratch and scuff very easily. It is a bitch to disassemble them for painting if you decide to do it later on, as I did with my Foreplay. I painted my paramount's with hammertone, but just used some clear lacquer on the Foreplay.

:thmbsp: How'd you apply the hammertone finish? Got any pics?
 
Back
Top Bottom