• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

building my own speakers

Sawmill, you do nice work, A pair of big cabs should be duck soup,
the 604-8g has a Vas of 22cu ft so the cab is about equal to Vas.

What size is your listening room ?
 
18 cu ft and some 24"CV's! :rockon:

It's been a while since I ran the numbers, but my 24" CV driver is in a 24 cubic foot enclosure (4' tall x 3' wide x 2' deep). The enclosure seems huge, until you put the driver in it, then it seems small. This is with 2 6"x15" ports.

I used Baltic birch plywood, and it sounds fine. I have yet to open it up and add the damping material.

bs
 
It's been a while since I ran the numbers, but my 24" CV driver is in a 24 cubic foot enclosure (4' tall x 3' wide x 2' deep). The enclosure seems huge, until you put the driver in it, then it seems small. This is with 2 6"x15" ports.

I used Baltic birch plywood, and it sounds fine. I have yet to open it up and add the damping material.

bs
Forget about db, are we talking Richter scale here? :jump:
 
It's been a while since I ran the numbers, but my 24" CV driver is in a 24 cubic foot enclosure (4' tall x 3' wide x 2' deep). The enclosure seems huge, until you put the driver in it, then it seems small. This is with 2 6"x15" ports.

I used Baltic birch plywood, and it sounds fine. I have yet to open it up and add the damping material.

bs
From 80hz down you probably don't need it.
 
Back
Top Bottom