• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

C70: Fuse Blew

Pretty common novice oversight.:thumbsup: 17.6K is still within tolerance.
 
incompetence,
Inexperienced..;) I've only been doing this kind of stuff since around 1973 ..Was also a key trainer/instructor for the F-15 electronic warfare systems and intermediate test stations in the service.
 
My brother was an F-15 mechanic on a carrier in 76-78. The wash from one of those predators blew him half way to the edge of the ship, shedding skin the whole way. Blood transfusion in the Philippines that gave him kidney disease which came a whisper from killing him 20 years later. New kidney now and doing much better.
 
Do not power up yet.

Thats and issue ie. short circuit.. Big time... Was it pin 1 or pin 4 ?

Putting everything back together I found multiple issues that could cause a short, and did my best to resolve them. Problem: one of the pins on the 50v 10uf cap broke off, so either way I have a non functioning C70. I did however do this test over (in ohms mode) and all pins registered OL. Not sure if that means anything with the missing cap, but there it is. Definitely will get a new 50v 10uf cap.
 
Putting everything back together I found multiple issues that could cause a short, and did my best to resolve them. Problem: one of the pins on the 50v 10uf cap broke off, so either way I have a non functioning C70. I did however do this test over (in ohms mode) and all pins registered OL. Not sure if that means anything with the missing cap, but there it is. Definitely will get a new 50v 10uf cap.

The test I refer to was the one that initially measured 7.1 which is when things got serious.
 
The test I refer to was the one that initially measured 7.1 which is when things got serious.
Have you ordered any parts yet...Forget the transistors..
I did however do this test over (in ohms mode) and all pins registered OL
Thats what I was looking for..Pin 1 and 4 on the bridged rectifier show .. OL
Pick up a new 10µf cap. and lets give it one more shot..;)
 
Will do on the cap.

To be clear, is the OL test reading on the rectifier a good reading? (remember: at best I'm an igoramous with blazing hot ADD)
 
Have you ordered any parts yet...Forget the transistors..

Thats what I was looking for..Pin 1 and 4 on the bridged rectifier show .. OL
Pick up a new 10µf cap. and lets give it one more shot..;)

No parts ordered yet.

I understand this is an insignificant capacitor but I want to get everything very right. That said, either of these the one you'd put in yours (neither are north of $1.00)?


… for tight tolerance keeping to rated spec:
UKL1H100KDDANA
Datasheet
Digi-Key Part Number UKL1H100KDDANA-ND
Manufacturer Nichicon
Manufacturer Part Number UKL1H100KDDANA
Description CAP ALUM 10UF 10% 50V RADIAL
Detailed Description
10µF 50V Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors Radial, Can 1000 Hrs @ 105°C


… for high heat tolerance as the C70 is smoking hot:
UBW1H100MPD1TD
Datasheet
Digi-Key Part Number 493-13155-1-ND
Manufacturer Nichicon
Manufacturer Part Number UBW1H100MPD1TD
Description CAP ALUM 10UF 20% 50V RADIAL
Manufacturer Standard Lead Time 19 Weeks
Detailed Description
10µF 50V Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors Radial, Can 1000 Hrs @ 135°C



Much obliged.
 
Back
Top Bottom