• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can anyone identify this cartridge

Thunderbox

Super Member
Needle supplier can't identify this cartridge. Anybody able to. The only lettering on the body says Made In England.
 

Attachments

  • 20250916_121946.jpg
    20250916_121946.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 20250916_121940.jpg
    20250916_121940.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 20250916_121930.jpg
    20250916_121930.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Thanks people it is indeed a G950. Very little available for this cartridge but the price is pretty big. $144 US plus shipping. That is for a G950e which is all I could find. I guess the owner will have to make a decision weather to replace the stylus or change cartridges.
 
Another one without markings other than the numbers on the side. Sticker fell off. Can you identify it? Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3638.jpeg
    IMG_3638.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3640.jpeg
    IMG_3640.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 29
Definitely some older Ortofon MC. Could also be MC10 mk2 or SL20Q. I would actually guess SL15E mk2 based solely on the line in the body above the stylus guard, but I don't think that's necessarily telling. Not all SL15E mk2 seem to have that, but OTOH on a quick google search it was the only model I could find a picture of which had it.
 
Yes thanks, I noticed that line too, and have only seen it on the SL15E mk2 and the SL15Q. I was curious because I was possibly interested in a new stylus, didn't know you couldn't replace them on MC cartridges. Spinning LPs for over 50 years and this is my first MC.
 
Back
Top Bottom