• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can someone near Chicago restore my Pioneer SX-950?

Nesh229

New Member
Hi Everyone,

I apologize if I'm not supposed to post this here? I have posted in quite sometime. I'm finally getting to the point where I'm tired of my Pioneer SX-950 receiver just sitting around. I have a set of ADS L-710's to go with it. It's essentially sitting in my living room starring at me!

That being said I'd like to have it restored locally in the Chicagoland area. It is in near mint condition but I am unsure as to why it does not work. Does anyone here know of or professionally restore something like this? Are there audio shops within the Chicagoland area that would do this? Also what might it cost? I'm brand new to this and the receiver has been sitting around since I crazily got it for free in 2014!
 

Attachments

  • Stereo.jpg
    Stereo.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 36
Register to hide this ad
Sharp table! Cabinet looks flawless on your receiver as well. You might contact the guys at Stereo Rehab (I'm not affiliated) there in Chicago; they restored my SG-9800 equalizer and did a great job, also not a lot of coin. Your receiver might be more based on complexity/labor & parts quantity.
 
Thank you! It's a Lane Acclaim I got $85 off Facebook Marketplace. I appreciate the assistance! I just emailed them right now! I don't think it'll be too hard to get up and running. It'll be good to have it all gone through anyways. Thanks again!
 
Stereo Rehab is definitely the place to go in Chicagoland. Casper is the very best with all stereo equipment from the 60s and 70s. Quick turnaround. Fair pricing. I have used his services several times.

Carl
Marantz Pioneer Dynaco Thorens Infinity Advent
 
Back
Top Bottom