• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can you ID this receiver and speaker?

wdug

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I don't recognize the receiver. It sure has a lot of knobs and buttons! The speaker is a mystery to me as well. Anybody have the answer(s)?
 

Attachments

  • fi48a.jpg
    fi48a.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 244
Register to hide this ad
I don't recognize the receiver. It sure has a lot of knobs and buttons! The speaker is a mystery to me as well. Anybody have the answer(s)?

I'm gonna assume this is a CL ad pic, I'll say Harmon Kardon for the receiver, the speaks look very familiar.
I'm more interested in those frames lurking in the background:yes: If that's a H/K it's probably a TOTL one or close to it.
 
If it is a CL ad, I would be sure and take a look at that stuff as it looks very interesting. If you buy it please post some photos and info.
 
I'll go with Akai as well -- forget the model, but I thought about buying one that was gathering dust in the back of a thrift once. The speakers could be interesting -- worth a poke, anyway. :)
 
Pioneer QX-9900

See here:

qx9900.jpg

Pioneer_QX-9900_Stereo_Receiver_web.jpg
 
Sommbich, did know Pioneer had slanted fronts like that. I though Akai before I saw it was already posted. There is a very similar Akai model out there somewhere ! lol
 
Agreed, and thanks for the receiver ID. The picture is from an upcoming auction. I emailed the auctioneer for details, but hadn't gotten a response. There's also a Dual TT pictured. But unless someone ID's the speakers as some "Holy Grail" of manufacturer X, I doubt I'll be bidding. I've got far too many receivers, TT's and speakers already to justify bringing more home (although the receiver does look enticing with its multiple meters!).
 
I heard from the auction house...got no useful info. It's a "Pioneer tuner", "United Audio turntable", and no badges on the speakers..."cloth fronts" (Duh, you think??). Despite specifically asking, no model #'s or condition estimates. I won't be going to the auction. PM me if you want a link to the auction site.
 
Stuff like that shows up infrequentlly at auctions here in FL. When it does, I go because it'll go for next to nothing! Downside is it can be a hassle testing stuff at auctions.
 
The fellow who I use to repair some of my gear is working on an old Akai receiver of mine now. He told me that Pioneer made some of the Akai gear and that the units look similar. I would have guessed Akai, too.
 
Back
Top Bottom