• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cartridge ID Help Needed...

scottm015

Active Member
Need help to ID a cartridge on my KD3055 table. It is red and has "SB1" written on the front with a symbol that looks like an O with a point leading down into a groove. Does anyone know what this brand is?
 
Register to hide this ad
Sorry.. Here is a pic of the cart..

Here is a picture.. Thanks for the response. Now that I look at the pic it looks more like a N rather than an O.. Could it be a Nagaoka?
 

Attachments

  • _MG_9816.jpg
    _MG_9816.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Here is a picture.. Thanks for the response. Now that I look at the pic it looks more like a N rather than an O.. Could it be a Nagaoka?

blank.png

Doesn't seem to have the same emblem, at least with the current company logo.
 
May consider removing the headshell and take additional pics of underside and top (have to remove cartridge from headshell) and see if there's any other ID info around.
 
the stylus appears to be nagatron/ nagatronics SB1
http://www.adelcom.net/NagatronicsStylus1.htm

May have been a private label/bulk item as I the only reference I can find to it is in a 1979 newspaper Ad bundled with Pioneer PL300 as a deal

Look at the nagatronics styluses available for sale - one of them may be a fit, though I get the feeling you're better off buying a new cart - this seems to have been an entry level cart in its day.
 
Last edited:
Yup, that's a Nagaoka C(M)711/712 family model - but also available in various OEM variants.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
 
Thanks..

I was very curious about this cartridge because I think it performs well and I had never heard of it before. I've had some real nice and fairly expensive cartridges and it is nice to come across cheap good carts every once in a while. I think I like it better than my Denon DL160 on my PL701.

Thank you for the help, I never would have found it. I did countless searches on the SB1 model and came up with nothing, I posted here and within an hour had the answer. You guys Rock!
 
Need help to ID a cartridge on my KD3055 table. It is red and has "SB1" written on the front with a symbol that looks like an O with a point leading down into a groove. Does anyone know what this brand is?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20240514_164811193_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20240514_164811193_HDR~2.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240514_164826511~2.jpg
    IMG_20240514_164826511~2.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240514_164858905~2.jpg
    IMG_20240514_164858905~2.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom