• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

CD players vs CD/DVD players

They will sound better on a DVD player, but you have to take a green magic marker to the edge of the disc to make that happen.:crazy:

Or you could apply Machina Dynamica to your CD tray and see how many of your friends believe your claims.
 
I'd like to add something that you might consider (between a "real" CD player and a modern DVD/CD player): I own a third generation CD player (circa 1985). It has excellent playback specs, and still works perfectly, BUT...it only plays discs encoded with the old ".wav" format. Modern DVD/CD players play a variety of digital video and audio formats (sound quality aside here). When I create a CD with files off the internet, I must make sure they are recorded ONLY on "write-once" CD/R blanks, and ONLY in the .wav format (requiring slow recording speed, file conversion, and no edits/mistakes), just like the original commercially made CD's for public sale. Something to consider in addition to audio playback quality.
 
Back
Top Bottom