• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cheap and (Pretty) Easy JBL 4430 Upgrade

Is it possible to put the switch on the back to Biamp, and run two amps with an active electronic crossover to the high and low terminals? Wouldn't that work? Didn't the JBL folks design it that way to simplify things? Just wondering for id love to try and bi amp mine.
 
That is definitely possible. If you're using an electronic crossover, I think you might want to bypass the crossover entirely.
 
Thanks for the response Zonker92. I would be using a Crown VFX2A . it is spec'd as a Butterworth 18 db per octave crossover. I will not be doing anything to my passive crossover except switching the selector to Bi-amp, then running highs to the high posts, and the lows to the low posts. I'll be using and MC2500 attenuated for the highs, and an MC2600 for the lows also attenuated not full open. (Damage control in full effect) . I rarely go to one watt on my MC meters. How do you feel this might sound?
 
Hi Zonker92.... I sent you a message on Ebay regarding your L300 crossover boards. I am interested in building them, the plan is my diy 5 cubic foot cabs, with LE 15 LE 85 and 075s Can you advise what the crossover frequencies are for this board. Looking for 7-800 and 7-8000. I have the cabs built with an 030 two way in them now, just purchased the LE 85s with H91s.

Thank you!
 
Good morning, i know this is an old thread, but i was wondering if there was a way to bypass the rotary switch w/o removal? I would like the option to bring it back if i wanted to for resale if that's what the person wanted to do down the line if i ever were to sell them.
 
Hello, Matthew. Unfortunately, I can’t think of a way to do that, but you can always include the switch with the sale and let the buyer solder it back in if he wanted.

Eric
 
Back
Top Bottom