• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cheapest fix for cheapest WVS? Please dont ban me for posting this

MacShrike

New Member
Ls,

Sooooo... I have these whitevan speakers that I have been dragging along for... 30 years now.
I know how "we" feel about these.... abberations.
But surviving 30 years is a feat that deserves some respect; even for a whitevan.
Also: I paid so much for them I dont even dare to say for fear of aquiring the dubious honorary reward of the most stupid Audiokarma user.
Anyhoe.
The woofers didn't sound.. right (never did. Yadayada)
Rings were decayed. Yet; spend even more on them? Nay!
I bought a tube of liquid rubber for €6,95.
Its not pretty but that serves them right i suppose.
If they dry out and it works I'll let you know.
20210226_184624.jpg 20210226_181159.jpg 20210226_181212.jpg 20210226_181203.jpg 20210226_184100.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
You probably could have bought generic surrounds for less money. There have been a lot of posts on this forum addressing your type of repair.

Well... I bought the WVS 30 years ago.. when I was even more stupid and gullible then I am today. Just giving them some TLC, they had no fault in being abused like this.
They may not sound true but they sure do try.
X Mac
 
‍☝
Ok so i "glued" them with liquid rubber and let them dry properly.
That worked like a dream. Its doesnt even look that ugly.
The whitevans are now parallel with the bose205's.
+ 4 surround infinity on 2 l+r channels parallel + 1 center monitor.
I know its blaspheme but.. the 205+ wvs really sound good together.
Also the subwoofer and the 12" from the wvs seem to complement each other.
Playing requiem on it know. It truly sounds amazing. Like im in a cathedral.
Anyhoe thank you all for the great support and advice.
Here's a snapshot of the derelicts
index.php
 
When I turn off images, they look fine! ;)
I can say that, I have some white Van Linear Phase floor standers on my back porch someone from church gave
('cause I am the audio Gal for them)
They aren't terrible, but I can't give them away!
 
Is that a 5 1/4 floppy disk on the wall? Your taste in art rivals your speaker repair skills. LOL you know I’m just kidding.
 
Back
Top Bottom