• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Chicken Shack?

hbrocks

Super Member
Anyone know this group Chicken Shack?

Wow....!
Heard this Band for first Time ever today.
Song called "Poor Boy".
reach down to the radio and CRANKED IT.
Great jam....


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U58JZ05qlGk


CHICKEN+SHACK+-+Poor+Boy.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Very weird...I'm listening to Chicken Shack right now and surf to this sight and this is the first post I see!

Very cool old stuff. I discovered them tracing Christine Perfect from Fleetwood Mac back to CS. I always liked her voice better in the Mac than Stevie Nicks anyway. I went to iTunes and bought "The Complete Blue Horizon Sessions" for less than 12 bucks and it gives you 55 songs. The music comes up often in random rotation in my library :)

If you like that late 60's blues feel you should check it out!
B
 
I have that very cd here and scored one of their albums about 6 months ago.
They are a great band aren't they:thmbsp:
 
I like 'em, especially for Ms. Perfect singing "I'd Rather Go Blind" (which Etta James made known but written by Ellington Jordan). Sealed original CS LP's are out there but tend to fetch the bigger bucks. I don't believe I've ever seen one in the $1 bins.
 
Great 'ol late 60s British "blues" outfit what spawned at least one musical giant, if not genius. UK Blue Horizon, baby.
 
(same label what gave us the wonderful collection To Know A Man, Elmore James, 1969)
 
I saw them on tour w/ Savoy Brown back in the day. They were your basic 4 man Brit blues band then w/o Christine. I've got about 4-5 of their LPs

Stan Webb was a bit of a wild man on stage with the geetar...

Oddly enough that tour had some interesting history. Savoy Brown was touring in support of "Lookin In". After the tour ended, Lonesome Dave, Tone Stevens, and Roger Earl left and formed Foghat, and the rhythm section of Chicken Shack joined Kim Simmonds to become a new Savoy Brown that recorded "Street Corner Talking"
 
I saw them on tour w/ Savoy Brown back in the day. They were your basic 4 man Brit blues band then w/o Christine. I've got about 4-5 of their LPs

Stan Webb was a bit of a wild man on stage with the geetar...

Oddly enough that tour had some interesting history. Savoy Brown was touring in support of "Lookin In". After the tour ended, Lonesome Dave, Tone Stevens, and Roger Earl left and formed Foghat, and the rhythm section of Chicken Shack joined Kim Simmonds to become a new Savoy Brown that recorded "Street Corner Talking"

Savoy Brown - Boogie Brothers. Saw them live back in the day touring that album. Triple lead guitars.
 
Savoy Brown - Boogie Brothers. Saw them live back in the day touring that album. Triple lead guitars.

Yep, that was later on, but he had Stan Webb playing in that iteration as well as Miller Anderson who played in drummer Keef Hartley's band.

I loves those 1960s-70s British blues...:guitar:
 
All the interesting things you read on this forum. Actually, on the thread title I was thinking about someplace pretty dear to us locals:

http://www.chickenshack.com/

On the music, I'll have to check it out. Update... now checking them out. Pretty sporty!
 
Last edited:
I saw them on tour w/ Savoy Brown back in the day. They were your basic 4 man Brit blues band then w/o Christine. I've got about 4-5 of their LPs

Stan Webb was a bit of a wild man on stage with the geetar...

Oddly enough that tour had some interesting history. Savoy Brown was touring in support of "Lookin In". After the tour ended, Lonesome Dave, Tone Stevens, and Roger Earl left and formed Foghat, and the rhythm section of Chicken Shack joined Kim Simmonds to become a new Savoy Brown that recorded "Street Corner Talking"

I wouldn't admit this just anywhere :-) but, while we're playing "six degrees of Christine Perfect" :-) -- I still really like the first few Foghat albums... 'specially their second album with the photo of a rock and a roll (heh. "rock and roll", how cool is that?!) on the cover. I think it was mostly time and place... but I enjoyed the heck out of it when it was new, on 8-track... and still have a copy on licorice pizza... somewhere. Fun stuff.
 
Yep, that was later on, but he had Stan Webb playing in that iteration as well as Miller Anderson who played in drummer Keef Hartley's band.

I loves those 1960s-70s British blues...:guitar:


Miller Anderson was the third lead guitar on Boogie Brothers, along with Kim Simmonds and Stan Webb.

I should never have sold that album.
 
No wonder I IMMEDIATELY liked them when I heard this the other day....

Foghat...Savoy Brown....All those pedigrees! forget-about-it!...
These guys rock..!


ChickenShack-TheCollection-1986.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom