• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Christian Music Playlist

I didn't read through the whole thread but I am a big fan of Guardian I REALLY like their fire and love album (see avatar) and miracle mile :D.other bands
Halo
holy soldier
Angelica
Mastodon (REALLY hard to find the right band as there are 2 just different spellings) John Elefante is the lead singer
Whiteheart a great band that plays great live also.
Enjoy listening great sounds GREAT message :thmbsp:
Greg

Whitecross, Shout, Tamplin and Mass are also good Christian pop metal bands.
 
Christian Titles

I agree with this. While I don't think 80s Christian New Wave/punk holds up all that well, Undercover was a good one. Also Lifesavors and Barnabas.

Don't know what all has been mentioned here, but from the seminal period of "Jesus Music" and "CCM", there is, of course, Larry Norman, Daniel Amos and very early Petra. The very first Resurrection Band album is a must listen for those into the genre. Then there is the All Saved Freak Band. I think their "Brainwashed" LP holds up as well as anythnig out there.

If you're interested in early "CCM", I've got tons. Haven't listened to anything put out in the genre since, probably, the late 80s.

Just listened to Lifsavors and Barnabas on the way to work last week. Good stuff. Another fun band from late 80's was 441 - ever hear them? Kind of similar to Lifesavors.

Larry Norman and Daniel Amos for sure. All music from Keith Green was quite good as well. Early Petra and early Resurrection Band is the music I grew up on. Rez Band Colours and Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore are favorites.

These days I appreciate Third Day.
 
n5tf.jpg


REV. LOUIS OVERSTREET
Rev. Louis Overstreet
With his sons and the congregation of St. Luke's Powerhouse Church of God in Christ

Arhoolie

Anything by Reverend Charlie Jackson.
rev-jackson.jpg
 
m8mq.jpg


THE LADYKILLERS
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Various Artists
T Bone Burnett, compiler

DMZ - Sony
 
I didn't read through the whole thread but I am a big fan of Guardian I REALLY like their fire and love album (see avatar) and miracle mile :D.other bands
Halo
holy soldier
Angelica
Mastodon (REALLY hard to find the right band as there are 2 just different spellings) John Elefante is the lead singer
Whiteheart a great band that plays great live also.
Enjoy listening great sounds GREAT message :thmbsp:
Greg

Mastedon's album Lofcaudio is INSANE.
 
Listening to Walls of Glass by Russ Taff. The man has pipes. Dang.
My parents listened to him when I was a kid, so I of course hated his music, but I see why they listened.

 
If you don't own it, get a copy of "The Archivist-Vintage Vinyl Jesus Music" by Ken Scott.

Good advice. It's an excellent resource. I always carried a copy of that, a few other record guides (e.g., Les Docks' American Record Guide 1900-1965), dealers' lists, and a couple of the "early" (I was done collecting by the time Gruhn's guide was published, but i still have a signed and dedicated copy from George) technical specifications primers for Gibson & Fender geetars @ hunting trips in the '80s and '90s.
 
Peter Warren, principal founder of the organization Youth With A Mission (based in Arvada, CO), has released several fine recordings of worship/praise "rock" (maybe more like "folk rock" LPs. A personal favorite is his album entitled Tale Of A King (His Music, 1994). A wonderful listening experience.
 
PS: found it! Hey, anyone else recall the bumper stickers w/ the slogan "I Found It!" ca. late 1970s?
 
PPS: I had the good fortune to see/hear Peter and his "worship" band perform a lot of his material, live, over a week's time in Arvada ca. 1995. Peter gave me my copy of the CeeDee and I made a donation to YWAM. Everyone was happy.
 
Haven't read all the replies on this yet. My favorite Christian Band is Petra. Captured in Time and Space and More Power to Ya are two of my all time favorites. You can't really go wrong with anything in the Petra catalogue.
 
Highlights from my recent purchases.

Five veterans of Christian rock record an EP with Steve Albini:

1927 field recordings by Texas farmer Washington Phillips:
 
Back
Top Bottom