• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Chuck Berry passes away at the age of 90 :(

He's lettin' his HiFi Phono blast in Heaven now with seven hundred little record all Rock Rhythm and Jazz.
 
So sad the news to hear of Chuck's passing but yet so thrilled to enjoy and to continue to enjoy his and others that were greatly influenced by him whether he gets the credit or not. R.I.P. Chuck.
Complete Chess Box Set. 71 songs 36 page booklet.

DSCN1181.JPG
 
Sorry to hear of this. In my estimation, he invented rock 'n' roll. Cars, girls and guitars. What more do you need?
 
and the beatles were saints? and all the rock stars never did or thought of doing anything wrong?
Give me a break.

Hmm, where did I mention the Beatles? I can't and won't excuse pedophilia.
As for Chuck gettin' with a fourteen year old, BFD. Jerry Lee Lewis married the 13 year old daughter of his cousin.

I'm going to play some Chuck today in memoriam.
Again, I'm not sure where I mentioned Jerry Lee Lewis.

Was she your mother?

Go, Go, Go, Go, Little Queenie!

@dodog -> [Ignore]

No, but apparently it was your Sister? Apparently, because Chuck amplified a guitar, it's all OK. I'm more than happy if you ignore me, I'm not sure I'd want to be associated with you.
 
Hmm, where did I mention the Beatles? I can't and won't excuse pedophilia.

Again, I'm not sure where I mentioned Jerry Lee Lewis.



No, but apparently it was your Sister? Apparently, because Chuck amplified a guitar, it's all OK. I'm more than happy if you ignore me, I'm not sure I'd want to be associated with you.

No, you didn't mention Jerry Lee. However, if you're going to condemn Chuck you need to include Jerry Lee and any others.
 
I wish people would show some respect in the memoriam threads if not for the departed (regardless of their personal feelings) then for the other members expressing condolences. I'm sad that such a request would even need be made.
 
Last edited:
I remember an interview with Chuck back in the late 1970's and he said he would never be playing "Roll Over Beethoven" again after hearing Jeff Lynne and ELO's version.
 
Back
Top Bottom