Its im-por-dant to pro-tect the stu-dents.
Sarge showed me a segment of the Ellen DeGeneris show last friday. In that segment, they had a rotary dial telephone, a phone book, and, a road map.
Tasks:
Open and then refold the map.
Look up, Golden Mufflers, in the phone book.
Call Golden Mufflers on the rotary dial phone.
Open and refold map: total fail. Took too long in segment; map yanked from task.
Look up Golden Mufflers in the phone book: Total fail to look for mufflers heading; Obsessed on finding car services, which had no heading, so attempt made to rearrange alphabet to see if they hid it elsewhere. Ellen finally told her to look up mufflers.
Rotary Dial Telephone: complete and utter confusion fail. She dialed in the number, after stressing her fingernail in the hole, and then picked up the handset to start talking, and, the dial tone kicked in. Total fail.
When ships were made of wood, men were made of steel.
I don't know where I heard it, but I love the saying.