• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

CL ad - I'm afraid to call

Register to hide this ad
Was anyone else drawnto the vr10'sinstead?

10hx- 50khz, even though i can't hear more than half of their range i still wantto listen!
 
Looks like a pawn shop - they probably paid 10cents on the dollar (or less) - the longer they have sat on the floor the better the deal you can get
 
$1200...ouch! AS a matter of fact I'm pretty happy with the speakers I have, but still want to check those VR-6. Just out of curiosity.
 
even at $1200 that's ten cents on the dollar from list.
I haven't seen too many speakers that compare to those specs for the money.
But you never know, could be a bargain, could be trash. :scratch2:
 
If that's the price and they are in good shape, that's a deal - very few speakers are built as well as VRs, and the components are pretty close to as good as it gets. Their factory is on my list of places to stop if I ever make it close to Watertown.
 
I once heard a set of VR's before. They sound like real instruments, horns sound like horns, pianos, drums, very, very real vocals.

I would negociate, trade, layaway, buy those in a Heartbeat. :music:
 
Maybe he would be interested in trading them for some silver bullion, since silver seems to be going down in value and good speakers always seem like they get more expensive. For all those stock traders out there, probably a better investment would have been to buy up tons of the top old tube amps, and top dollar speakers they could get and hold them 10 years and it sure would have been a better investment than in the housing market.
 
even at $1200 that's ten cents on the dollar from list.
I haven't seen too many speakers that compare to those specs for the money.
But you never know, could be a bargain, could be trash. :scratch2:


List is all but meaningless and they didn't put an asking price. Flagged.
 
As mentioned before hopefully they've been there for a long time, or you've got stuff to trade and work them down.

If they just got there and you can wait to see if no one buys them and the price goes down do that. I found that when dealing with pawn people you just have to talk to them like they talk to the people that bring the stuff in there.

As long as you aren't taking in your 60" HDMI to get 50 bucks to buy meth or some other kitchen cleaner drug they'll open their ears more.


If their mark up was going to be several hundred dollars see if you can't wait a while and then give them an offer that's within a 35% mark-up, and they'll probably throw something back under 50% or at 50%. Go from there, but try to run em into the shallows.

Take that wedding ring off or anything that shows evidence of significant other, and wipe the if I don't get it for under that price they'll kill me or leave me look of your face. Remember, you don't need them, but you want them.
 
One good thing at a Pawn shop is to act like you don't really know anything about them. Just maybe you like the way they look, and thats takes away the value sales pitch. Also this is bad, but if everyone "Flagged them, someone else said it, interest would be lower.

Sometimes I noticed that at the end of the day before colsing when they have made some money, and shelled out alot on loans, they are a little more negociable. Sometimes buying a small item, for $15-$25 bucks, then after you have completed that sale, wandering over and doing the, I like the way they look try works, cause then they know your a buyer. Also saying, I never pawned anything in my life works too. It gets them to the you are a "buyer" selling mode.

Like I said before, I've heard some of them before, and if the price was close to right, I would, trade, layway, negociate, to buy right then.

Did anyone find out what they were asking, and/or what original retail was ?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom