• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Colored vinyl?

When I talk about the deep blood red, its like these fist Japanese pressings. Others have used that color back then as well and generally it's a god sounding color.

image.jpg image.jpg
 
Last edited:
Here's another one from the "Not sure why they bothered" files: Joy Division - Closer. For some reason, their label used various colors of "dark translucent" vinyl which, when sitting on the platter of a turntable, looks like regular dark vinyl. Oddly, my copy of Closer looks like this when held up to the LED head lamp I used for my earlier examples of dark colored vinyl:
closer1.jpg
However, if I hold it up to a different (incandescent) lamp, the 'dark red' coloring is visible:
closer2.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom