• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Complete Pioneer system pushed by SX-1250

I'm trying not being judgy at all, it's just that this seems to be a trend with members that have a "1" alongside their user ID. It's always about "How much".

Honestly if it's about that why do they constantly come here and waste peoples time when they can simply go to the worlds biggest "Red Book" which is eBay and have a Captain Cook for themselves. To me it just comes across as a self gratification thing of "guess what I've got" ?? and for nothing as well.

If I'm wrong then so be it.

You are not wrong at all. And it's not just people with "1s" wanting prices. Plenty of the "1" crowd ask us techs directly through PMs exactly how to fix highly complicated faults and when you go out of your way to guide them, they just disappear without a word of thanks. So I ignore them all now.

Start a thread, engage the membership, ask for guidance and post timely feedback. Be part of the community if you want free appraisals and the benefit of (combined) thousands of man-years of technical knowledge.
 
You are not wrong at all. And it's not just people with "1s" wanting prices. Plenty of the "1" crowd ask us techs directly through PMs exactly how to fix highly complicated faults and when you go out of your way to guide them, they just disappear without a word of thanks. So I ignore them all now.

Start a thread, engage the membership, ask for guidance and post timely feedback. Be part of the community if you want free appraisals and the benefit of (combined) thousands of man-years of technical knowledge.
Eek I hope I’m not one of those. I know I’ve asked a few favors in the past.
 
Most of the people here are here because we share the same enthusiasm for the hobby. John kinda hit the nail on the head, the hit-and-run posts are usually of not the same variety (leave it at that) that "we" would post. I really don't have a problem with it as I'm sure I have asked for help when I didn't really deserve it. Reality is, that's what attracts me to the people here. Generous to a fault, as they say. That's what makes AK so great, guys just going out of their way to be kind. :angel:
 
I don't agree with the judgement.

This is a LOT of gear for many people, very large and heavy receiver, two large bookshelf speakers, who knows what else was left behind.

If my son elects to sell all of my stereo gear and keep some small token that means something to him should I die tomorrow, I support his ability to be logical.

I like my 1250, but it's heavy, doesn't fit a normal audio cabinet, and likely won't be here by next spring, ... it isn't the end-all of audio equipment.
I can see your point.People that didn't live through the golden age of stereo may just not get it and couldn't care less about vintage stereo equipment.I don't give two shits about what young people now enjoy.
 
Appraisal threads are almost pointless. With 1st posters more so since there is rarely enough info to give them anything other than avg. online prices, which they could do themselves. It took longer to sign up for the site and post that thread than if they would have just searched the make and model on eBay.
 
Mate, you have 6437 posts. If that doesn't make you a contributing member I don't know what is. :)
Good to know. I’d sent a pm about something cosmetic I couldn’t take care of here and thought I’d ticked you off.
Back to our 1250 story going on here now.
 
it's just that this seems to be a trend with members that have a "1" alongside their user ID. It's always about "How much".

Honestly if it's about that why do they constantly come here and waste peoples time when they can simply go to the worlds biggest "Red Book" which is eBay and have a Captain Cook for themselves.

If I'm wrong then so be it.

I couldn't agree more, unfortunately when people search for value AK is one of the site that pops up. My thought is most new people think AK is the be all end all for valuation.
 
it's not just people with "1s" wanting prices. Plenty of the "1" crowd ask us techs directly through PMs exactly how to fix highly complicated faults and when you go out of your way to guide them, they just disappear without a word of thanks. So I ignore them all now.

Start a thread, engage the membership, ask for guidance and post timely feedback. Be part of the community if you want free appraisals and the benefit of (combined) thousands of man-years of technical knowledge.

I've been seeing a lot of this lately, they get what they want and move on. It's annoying and more importantly rude.
 
I'm sorry but a number of the PL-530 estimates here are way low.

Selling prices average around $300 on the auction site up to $800 for the more stellar examples.
 
Last edited:
I'm sorry but a number of the PL-530 estimates here are way low.

Selling prices average around $300 on the auction site up to $800 for the more stellar examples.
I agree....I was.going to mention this but sometimes you have to pick your battles.

I love my pl530 by the way.
 
Back
Top Bottom