• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Console explosion!!!

janikphoto

Lunatic Member
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/atq/3758306701.html

Look at that explosive grille cloth!!! BTW, anyone know hat brand or model this is? I'm guessing it's a SS unit, from the looks...

3F13Je3H85Ie5K65J5d4l037e78298e5d168d.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
I believe that it was a Curtis mathis, the changer has been replaced with a later cheap BSR and of course that grill cloth!
 
That "might" be a CM el84 tube chassis in there.
Are you close? Is it cheap?

Might be worth a look-see
 
OK, I looked at it. It was a dud. No tubes, all SS Curtis Mathes unit. The speakers were all punched in and torn, and that "grill cloth" on the unit? Not cloth at all. They stuck photos that go on the back of a fish tank in there! This unit was one huge dump.
 
OK, I looked at it. It was a dud. No tubes, all SS Curtis Mathes unit. The speakers were all punched in and torn, and that "grill cloth" on the unit? Not cloth at all. They stuck photos that go on the back of a fish tank in there! This unit was one huge dump.

That was a waste of gas.
 
Back
Top Bottom