• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hangar full of antiques...

janikphoto

Lunatic Member
You think this stuff is worth looking at?

5Ld5W05U33Ga3F33J3c9r3bf92bcee3481796.jpg


http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/atq/3300379593.html
 
Register to hide this ad
What about that green (hornet) typewriter? It's just the kind of thing I'd never use and couldn't throw away. :D
 
I'll take the piano :D

I would work out a time for a visit, both the tt and receiver look very interesting and who knows what stuffed where!
 
GE Portacolor TV in pic #3.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind havin' that...Or the little scope in the next pic down..."PortaPotties" are usually the subject of derision by us TV guys...But, OTOH, most of us manage to have one or 2...They were made from 1965 til about 1980 v/virtually NO meaningful changes...They were an all-tube design in the beginning, & were at the end...They MIGHT have been the LAST tube-type TV made in the USA...Virtually the last tube-type consumer good, period...In '65, they WERE the 1st "Portable" color set, & that WAS something...But they were just a color set-the picture was nothing to write home about, they never had many of the later bells & whistles TVs got, they remained a VERY basic set. But they were cheap, & they were reliable-We had one of the first ones, it stayed on 18-20 hours a day, 7 days a week, for nearly 10 years, & only got taken out of service once.
 
The VM receiver in the photo in the first post is pretty awful (I had the standalone tuner version and it was dreadful sounding - although to its credit it did receive stations and it was stereo).

EDIT: Heh. While Sandy espied the Portacolor in one photo, he missed the RCA XL-100 right next to it apparently! ;-)
I've got one just like it (the RCA) a-sittin' in the basement. (it was my in-laws'; it weighs a ton but it works fine)
Heck, come to think of it^2, I've got a Portacolor down there, too, courtesy of Kamakiri :-) It sort of works.
 
Last edited:
The VM receiver in the photo in the first post is pretty awful (I had the standalone tuner version and it was dreadful sounding - although to its credit it did receive stations and it was stereo).

EDIT: Heh. While Sandy espied the Portacolor in one photo, he missed the RCA XL-100 right next to it apparently! ;-)
I've got one just like it (the RCA) a-sittin' in the basement. (it was my in-laws'; it weighs a ton but it works fine)
Heck, come to think of it^2, I've got a Portacolor down there, too, courtesy of Kamakiri :-) It sort of works.

Nah, I saw the RCA, they just don't really interest me, altho they are great sets. The Porta-Potty is small, quirky, & oddly cute, and their ranks aRE thinning these days...
 
Back
Top Bottom