• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

CR-800

Matt Mincer

Active Member
Hey Guys,

I picked this up today (flickr link below) with the intention of rebuilding it. Everything works well except for the lamps and dirty pots. Are there any known problem areas I need to be aware of or any "must do's" on this thing? I saw one post where the guy recaped the entire tome board. Is it necessary?

Thanks
Matt

https://flic.kr/p/XZVcXj
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm grappling with one right now. Tarnished fuses and bad solder joints are issues that I know of. Some caps operate right on their voltage limit, so be aware of that too.
 
Hey Guys,

I picked this up today (flickr link below) with the intention of rebuilding it. Everything works well except for the lamps and dirty pots. Are there any known problem areas I need to be aware of or any "must do's" on this thing? I saw one post where the guy recaped the entire tome board. Is it necessary?

Thanks
Matt

https://flic.kr/p/XZVcXj
Clean speaker switch and coupler switch. Filter caps are pretty much used up. I found bad cap on power 47uF/80v.
 
Back
Top Bottom