• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

CR-820 Power Issue

Brett027

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I haven't been able to find a good schematic that has voltages on it for this unit. I am assuming that the transformer is suspect. I have 121VAC between the brown and gray wires which Ii assume are the inputs to the transformer. On the output side I have 2 red, 2 orange, a black, and a blue wire. I am assuming black is ground, The following are voltages from the wires. None of these are hooked up so all voltages should be true coming from the transformer. #1 red: 23.6, #2 red: 39.6, #1 orange: 12.85, #2 orange: 12.98, blue: 12.5. I think the oranges are supposed to be +31VAC? Could someone please verify what I am supposed to be getting for readings?
 
Register to hide this ad
Between the two orange wires --- 34 vac.. Between the two reds 63 vac.
 
Power light comes on but no output either side. No headphone output. I found the volume pot was broken. Have one on order. I was trying to read voltages on the power supply portion and I wasn't getting the voltage it was calling for. It said I should have 32ish volts on the orange wires coming off the transformer. I hooked up my signal tracer probe and the tuner is working.. I can hear it on the input sides of the volume pot. Also have it on the tone control board.. I was wanting to start at the power supply and make sure all my voltages were correct before anything else. I've always been told to start there.
 
I was an AGE grunt 92-97.
92-97 I was at Eglin,AFB (33rd),Dhahran,Saudi Arabia( 4404th) and Keflavik, Iceland (35th MX supporting the 57th FIS):thumbsup:
Keeping the Eagles ECM working.
 
Last edited:
When you get a chance check your output transistors. If one or more is shorted E-C the unit will stay in protect. And have no output at the speakers or the headphones.
 
Back
Top Bottom