Hey team. Dug out an 820 that has been kicking the kiester for about 3 years. Got it to where I can actually turn it on without smoke and fire!
But the protection relay buzzes constantly. Measured 3.3 vdc and stable at the collector of TR805, so I imagine that a 12 vdc relay would chatter. Not...
Recapped the 820, including the filter caps which had degraded to about 75%. Deoxit all switches. No left channel. Swapped the output trannies made no difference. Replaced all left channel diodes and transistors 701-721 in left channel. Found fuse resistor FR701 open. Replaced it with a 68 ohm...
Issue: At start up the relay would click on and off sporadically without any manipulation
Troubleshooting Steps:
Checked to see if pressing on/manipulating the protect circuit relay would help, it did not
Checked voltage at TR-801 and got roughly 57V DC on ECB. In different, similar thread, I...
Hey folks, thrilled by my new hobby and thrilled to be here. Dave from Sterling, NY.
Started troubleshooting left channel distortion. Found abnormally high DC voltages in left channel vs the right channel counterparts.
TR-705, all pins ~ 60v while TR-706 ~ 45v
TR-711, all voltages ~ 10 - 15v...
I'm planning to add a subwoofer to my setup and am wanting to add a pre-out/main-in RCA connection to my receiver. After studying the schematic I think I've found the best place to make this addition but wanted to see if anyone else has done this before and if what I'm thinking of doing is the...
I have a CR-820 that I picked up a few weeks ago. I've since replaced the lamps and sprayed the pots with Deoxit/Faderlube.
Today I noticed that the Input select switch seems to be dirty, left channel intermittently cuts out on AUX. In the past the mute button has also seemed to stick on one...
Hello AK, once again I emerge from my lurking to ask some advice on my next audio purchase.
As some of you may remember, I purchased a pair of JBL 4410's in June of last year.
I have been powering them with an interim Pioneer SA-1060 I had laying around from an old system I built in high...
Just got my 2040 delivered to my door today. And I'm going over it very carefully.
The faceplate needed a bit of cleaning along with a few pots. And the case may need a little attention from a furniture pen. But, overall I'm actually pretty impressed. It's actually in much nicer shape than I was...
Hello, and greetings everybody.
And thank you for having me.
I go by the handle; Red Raider. I am in my mid 40's, and grew up listening to classic rock records as a teenager. I've spent most of my adult life serving my country. I worked around avionics for fighter jets, so I am relatively tech...
I haven't been able to find a good schematic that has voltages on it for this unit. I am assuming that the transformer is suspect. I have 121VAC between the brown and gray wires which Ii assume are the inputs to the transformer. On the output side I have 2 red, 2 orange, a black, and a blue...
About a month ago... was able to pick up two CRs - both were non-working. Have much gear and only Yammie was a DSP-A1 (beefy) which was included with a purchase of some Infinity RS-IIIb. I really liked it, but I moved it down the road to keep with the silver theme. These were in...
Hey fellas. I've posted here before but this is my 1st thread.
Bought a nice Yamaha CR-820 yesterday. The guy was demoing the unit with a pair of HPM-60s and it sounded really nice. The problem I have is that the Boston HD 9s I have, while sounding better with the 820 than they do on my...
Hi All,
Recently i set up a system for my record player which is,
1- Audio-technica at-lp120-usb record player
2- Yamaha CR-820 Stereo Receiver
3- Klipsch Kg 4.2 stereo speakers
I have connected them with banana plugs etc,
The problem is , even i believe all my parts are very good, the sound...
So my buddy picks up a cherry awesome CR-820 at an Estate Sale for a song, lucky b@St@rd...
Anyways the unit looks great, sounds great, is great, except of course the pointer and meter lamps are out.
Asks me to take a look. No problem, just swap those suckers out, right!?
Wrong.....
Here is...
I've read enough over the years that I finally decided to jump in and purchased a CR-820, but I'm still very new. I'm a pretty handy guy in general, but don't deal with electronics to the extent that I would be 100% comfortable poking around too much.
Having said that, the lights are out on the...