• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Craigslist scammer on the road again

Status
Not open for further replies.
He posted a 2245 in the KC area yesterday. Gave a local area code phone number also. Did not respond to my text but did respond to an email asking about LED bulbs. When I responded that I'd like to come check it out, he never responded. Luckily someone posted an ad calling him out as a scammer. His add is now down. First I've seen of this guy in the KC area. Glad I found this thread on him. But seriously, who would send money without ever seeing an item in person. Bad idea all around.
 
Thanks for keeping up the effort!:thumbsup:
I been sick (real sick for a couple days) most of the week but I'll rejoin the effort soon.
 
I am liking this. Trying my VPN for more fun for flagging "Daves" posts. A few of the above ads alerting other CL users to this piece of trash are mine. I wear the badge proudly. I am not an audiophile, I am a audioPILE. Meaning I have piles upon piles of equipment. Some of it the files may even approve of. lol. I love the Hi Fi thing. Do not try and f with us Dave, you will loose dude.
Keep Up The good Work Lady's and Germs ! LOL !
 
Thank goodness for this thread. Here is the email he sent me last night, was surprised he never emailed me back and then his post was removed.


From: craigslist 7228261006
Sent: Monday, November 9, 2020 8:46 PM
To: 48238da09548346583e21ba10983ac18@reply.craigslist.org
Subject: Re: Marantz 2270


Hi Sean


My 2270 has had periodic Caig de oxit D5 detailing, a tuner alignment, not much else, comes from a smoke free, pet free environment. Spent most of it's life in the den running a pair of Klipsch Heresy . Pots and switches are clear

I can drive it thru my Klipsch belles (103db) and it has a marvelous old skool tone, has the headroom of a much larger amp . Really excels with horn loaded designs.

These champagne face models were sold thru the PX service and alot were purchased by military personnel and brought back to the US in the mid '70s . It is 110v 60hz.

My buddy Charlie was stationed at Rhein-Main AB in Frankfurt in the '70s
You could get really killer deals thru the PX, I know Pioneer sold a ton of stuff thru this service. He brought back a Tandberg 3300x Reel/Reel and 4 Pioneer CS 99a speakers which I now own too, and this 2270

Can run 4 speakers , main and remote, simultaneously

Have a pdf copy of the owner's manual.


David

Unfortunately, he comes across as a nice guy in this email.
It would be easy to get scammed if you were not aware of his scams.
Kudos to all for helping to prevent any new victims.
 
Looks lie we are all on his heels. Every ad I go to of "Daves" has either been flagged or has a scam warning right there. As of 11-15-2020 EST 7:56 PM.
Please do not PM me about this thread. I do not know if 'Dave" is watching it by now but you can pretty much so bet he / IT is therefore I will not answer any PM in regards to this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Post in the thread and I will try to help where I can. F>U "Dave" ... Sleezeball P.O.S.... ^D^
 
Should have said PM me if you would like but please expect no return message...Thanks to all again !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom