• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Craigslist scammer on the road again

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friends....I have been a long time lurker. Dave is flagging my warning posts on CL. CL has removed some of them!

Please, if you have the time and inclination post warnings regarding his scams to the Fort Collins CL for the Marantz 2245 and to Northern Michigan CL for the Kenwood KR6330.
 
My friends....I have been a long time lurker. Dave is flagging my warning posts on CL. CL has removed some of them!

Please, if you have the time and inclination post warnings regarding his scams to the Fort Collins CL for the Marantz 2245 and to Northern Michigan CL for the Kenwood KR6330.

Maybe we should click on the scam warnings to make it harder for Dave to flag them. Or is something else going on here/ It is sad the Craigslist will pull a scam warning probably with some type of artificial intelligence and leave Dave's crap up.
 
Thank goodness for this thread. Here is the email he sent me last night, was surprised he never emailed me back and then his post was removed.


From: craigslist 7228261006
Sent: Monday, November 9, 2020 8:46 PM
To: 48238da09548346583e21ba10983ac18@reply.craigslist.org
Subject: Re: Marantz 2270


Hi Sean


My 2270 has had periodic Caig de oxit D5 detailing, a tuner alignment, not much else, comes from a smoke free, pet free environment. Spent most of it's life in the den running a pair of Klipsch Heresy . Pots and switches are clear

I can drive it thru my Klipsch belles (103db) and it has a marvelous old skool tone, has the headroom of a much larger amp . Really excels with horn loaded designs.

These champagne face models were sold thru the PX service and alot were purchased by military personnel and brought back to the US in the mid '70s . It is 110v 60hz.

My buddy Charlie was stationed at Rhein-Main AB in Frankfurt in the '70s
You could get really killer deals thru the PX, I know Pioneer sold a ton of stuff thru this service. He brought back a Tandberg 3300x Reel/Reel and 4 Pioneer CS 99a speakers which I now own too, and this 2270

Can run 4 speakers , main and remote, simultaneously

Have a pdf copy of the owner's manual.


David
 
Maybe we should click on the scam warnings to make it harder for Dave to flag them. Or is something else going on here/ It is sad the Craigslist will pull a scam warning probably with some type of artificial intelligence and leave Dave's crap up.

I will click on any scam warning and add clicks to them, good idea.
 
Just for the record and to increase your flagging efficiency, you can likely flag any post multiple times by using a few tricks.

Trick one is to use your WiFi and then use your phone without the phone on WiFi. If you can borrow a friend or family members phone and flag from their phone without WiFi that should work too - but if I am wrong about this please correct me. It will certainly work if your friend is on a different carrier. If you are on the same carrier hitting the same tower I am not as sure. I also can flag from my work VPN while working from home.

I have tried with mixed success to flag from VPNs using my phone. It works intermittently and when it fails I am not able to reach the web page to make the flag so all is good. What I mean by all is good is that I didn't even get to CL and therefore my inability to flag didn't hurt metrics.
 
Last edited:
If you're at home with your phone's wifi on that will likely use the wifi instead of cellular data, you will need to turn wifi off first to have a second flag be successful.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom