• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Craigslist scammer on the road again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry that I incorrectly thought that the post I had linked to here was the scam. I was reacting to the visual and not reading the Craigslist that I found.
 
Last edited:
Based on a recommendation by one of us in this thread, I put search tempest near the top of my bookmarks list.
I must be doing something wrong as I get no results, even in other states. Like 8 or 10 other states.
I get a bunch of cities for each state, open them and don't see any results for the object I'm searching for.
 
From the emails I've received from some of the victims (yes, I get at least 1/week) in response to my Scam warning posts, he insists on payment via PayPal, friends and family, usually $225 +$65 for shipping. He stops responding after payment is received. Of course, nothing is shipped.

One of the PayPal IDs he uses is drcverona9901@gmail.com; He has two VOIP phone numbers in the DC area 202-627-0028 & 202-350-0254, both from internet phone providers difficult to get reverse look-up details.

Assuming he gets 1 victim per week in say, 5 different cities (conservative) that is $290 x 1 x 5 x 52 = ~$75K per year !!

He has been running this scam for the past 2-3 years at least.

:mad:
Guy is at work again in DC craigslist, sansui 9090db $225

202-350-0254 number no answer, email guy says is Dave

Number comes back to a Chris so!ebody, ask Dave .

Reply oh google recycled my number.

Bullshit meter pegged
 
Based on a recommendation by one of us in this thread, I put search tempest near the top of my bookmarks list.
I must be doing something wrong as I get no results, even in other states. Like 8 or 10 other states.
I get a bunch of cities for each state, open them and don't see any results for the object I'm searching for.

I tried to use the Tempest site to do multiple searches a day or so ago. It worked for me but I found it frustrating. First off, I was not wild about clicking through all the areas that come up when a search is done. The issue is that you must click on all the areas. Many of these are empty in that they have no results for a search. I count 27 areas in my search when trying to search the whole country. Checking all of these for all of the models that Dave scams is too much for me. I am putting my search URL here so that if I am doing something wrong it might be explained to me.

https://www.searchtempest.com/searc...60515&maxDist=50000&Region=combined#gsc.tab=0

What I am going to try to use instead is an Android app called Checker for Craigslist by Delved Apps. I use my tablet to search for Dave's scummy scams and use the same app on my phone to do searches for my personal buying. I don't think that it is of value for us to do too much conversation online here as it might help that a$$ to tweak his scam.

Thank you to all who have worked to try to lessen his larceny.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom