• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Current cartridges matching the old-school Shure sound?

Guess all is well then. I'll shop for a different stylus.
NOS is unfortunately still the best, at least plain elliptical is still reasonable. JICO HE and E are OK if you can tolerate boosted high treble (I can't).
 
^^don't need a boost. Wondering how the wood cantilever Jicos act. The stylus in the pic is elliptical. A cheap one at that.
 
Of the cheap ones I tried Bliss VN35E was close to the original in sound balance, but not as good in tracking, and with a lot higher output, which I do not like. After the JICO and Black Diamond tryouts (also failure), I am hesitant to try SAS versions, or Vivid Line or anything. People generally don't seem to object to extra brightness (call it extra detail) so I can't rely on reviews. The next one will be NOS.
 
Back
Top Bottom