• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

David Culver the Scammer Alerts - Marantz 2270

Register to hide this ad
I think this recently posted add on OfferUp is another David Culver scam..... View attachment 2825982
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
dave has been absent from CL for several weeks.
I was hoping he was in jail. Maybe he's just moved to a different platform.

I'm not saying the OU listing is dave's. But I'm not saying it isn't either. That is one of the brands and models dave listed all across the USA. But for now I'm not sure, his name is so well known as an audio gear scammer it doesn't seem like he'd keep using it.
 
Last edited:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
dave has been absent from CL for several weeks.
I was hoping he was in jail. Maybe he's just moved to a different platform.

I'm not saying the OU listing is dave's. But I'm not saying it isn't either. That is one of the brands and models dave listed all across the USA.

A 2245 with black faceplate for $325 is his signature listings. No question about it - and just joined this month too…
 
https://help.offerup.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032336271-How-to-block-or-report-someone
How to report someone
  1. Tap their picture to open their profile.
  2. Tap in the upper right corner.
  3. Tap Report (Android) or Report (iOS)
  4. Select a reason to report the person.
  5. Optional: You can choose to add a note or block the person on the next screen. ...
  6. Tap Submit report.
  7. Tap Done.
I wonder if there are other OfferUp listings featuring suspicious $300-$400 Marantz. Pioneer, and Kenwood receivers, Akai reel to reels, and Klipsch Heresy speakers
 
Last edited:
OFFERUP shoppers BEWARE!
He's still at it though he's left CL and it seems now is posting on OfferUp
https://offerup.com/item/detail/1ae1c6e6-d17b-3c1a-ad6b-ab09d4a61287?q=marantz&cid=1.1 Seller "DRCulver"
Pretty sure this is him also since Verona was always one of his favorite places to list https://offerup.com/item/detail/045abbf4-2c91-3318-878f-67dc80b4419c?q=marantz&cid=1.1 Seller "DaveDC"
And another "DaveDC" listing for Pioneer CS-99a speakers https://offerup.com/item/detail/1560762849
And ANOTHER dave culver alias!!! Seller "DaveDRC "https://offerup.com/item/detail/c4ef8b28-fef0-38a0-b8f8-134aacf9268a?q=marantz&cid=1.1
 
Last edited:
Is he hijacking legit accounts or something? How is he getting away with using other peoples profile pics for his bogus account? I thought there were all kinds of walls in place to verify identity. The 2270 with the case and the black faced 2245 are classic Dave Culver here in NJ. Expect to see a Pioneer RT-707 and an RT-909 pop up soon with ridiculously low prices too.
 
Is he hijacking legit accounts or something? How is he getting away with using other peoples profile pics for his bogus account? I thought there were all kinds of walls in place to verify identity. The 2270 with the case and the black faced 2245 are classic Dave Culver here in NJ. Expect to see a Pioneer RT-707 and an RT-909 pop up soon with ridiculously low prices too.

He steals all the images he uses in his listings so why wouldn't he steal someone's personal picture. Notice he picks nice friendly looking folks.
With how much Google info available about the dave culver audio scam I'm surprised he uses variations of his supposedly gov't name (not verified by me)
 
Well, I sure wondered what was up with Dave not posting on CL.
I'm betting he just got tired of battling with the group of people who track and flag all his CL listings. Add in the fact that traffic on CL has been dropping and apparently, he's bailed from CL.
 
Apparently I am too computer challenged to find and use the "report" button necessary to report daves OfferUp listings. I got his profile to open up but no "report" button appears.
Maybe it can only be done with a smart phone (I have a dumb phone) or a person must have a facebook or Google account (I have neither) I dunno.
I encourage others smart enough to report any dave listings on OfferUp.
And if there's a way to leave a message mention "dave culver audio scam"...Google it. Maybe OU will do something. Or maybe I'm dreaming.

His OU names include
DRCulver
DaveDC
DaveDRC

EDIT/ADDED I did manage to report dave to OfferUp. Told them to Google "dave culver audio scam" and that he's run his scam on CL for years. I also mentioned his user avatar images are not him, and are different for the 3 accounts I've found him using on OU. I also gave them those 3 names.
Got a form letter reply but maybe they'll look into it. I know at least one other AK'er also reported him to OU.

NEW LISTING 4/10/2023--Klipsch Hereseys, dave's favorites! Feel free to report this listing, I did, but more reports can't hurt.
https://offerup.com/item/detail/8707e783-4057-378f-9cef-08ae02e97bbb?q=Klipsch+Heresy&cid=1

NEW LISTING https://offerup.com/item/detail/df61832a-f055-396f-bfdc-278fe235bf99?q=Klipsch+Heresy User name "Dave" so that's 4 usernames on OU.

GRERAT NEWS!!!!! The previous link for Klipsch Heresey I posted on 4/10/2023 now shows "account deactivated!"
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom