• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

DC Police screw up the new Transformers 3 filming

Register to hide this ad
Funny.. .on the way in to work this morning, there were film crews and trucks of equipment down both sides of the street..

There was a DC K9 SUV parked at the corner of the street.. wanted to stop and ask him if he was in the next scene, but I was a little smarter than that :D
 
HOORAY! now they can make Bumblebee a VW beetle like he's supposed to be:banana:

Either that, or they will keep this shot in the movie (add some explosions in post), pull somthing like the '86 flick "kill" bumblebee for an emotional pot-shot, send him to robot heaven, then bring him back as another '10 camaro, or better yet, a challenger(even more toy sales!).

Bumblebee's camaro being hit; funnier than the firing of Megan fox?, discuss:D
 
Pretty generic statement DCMPD put out this morning.. I'm sure we'll never hear why.. They sure weren't looking to take any blame.
 
I've gotta disagree with the headline of the story, "DC Police SUV Hits Bumblebee". Totally misleading.
Watch the video. That cop didn't hit anything. Bumblebee broadsided him.

Bumblebee's driver, presumably a pro, didn't think to himself "Hmm. I don't believe there's supposed to be a cop with his lights & siren on in this tightly choreogaphed scene"?

Totally NOT that cop's fault. He was responding to an emergency call. However the cops "securing" the perimeter may be idiots.
 
Funny.. .on the way in to work this morning, there were film crews and trucks of equipment down both sides of the street..

There was a DC K9 SUV parked at the corner of the street.. wanted to stop and ask him if he was in the next scene, but I was a little smarter than that :D

We must work near each other... :thmbsp:
 
However the cops "securing" the perimeter may be idiots.

I'm with you on this. Wonder how they let that Suburban onto the set when they're filming a car stunt? You'd think that by now, the cops and movie makers would have worked out details like this and that the studios would have standard operating procedures that they'd review with the police in the communities where they're filming.

But did you notice that the Suburban didn't take much visible damage? Crazy. I wonder if it's because Bumblebee hit that reinforced bumper and not the actual body of the truck.
 
I would hope they have a backup Bumblebee. They were filming for almost a month around my apartment here in Chicago, and a bunch of the cars including Bumblebee were often parallel parked in front of my building. I didn't see any extra cars but I'm sure they'd have them, especially for a main 'character'. Last I saw that Camaro it was driving around explosions...pretty cool to see up close. More interesting than the resulting movie, I'm sure, if the other two are anything to go by. Curious how an SUV got through the set perimeter. Everything here was barricaded off.

And yeah, he should be a VW anyway.
 
The policeman disregards the cop trying to warn him, swerving around him. There's a line of cars already that have been stopped. I know for a fact that the road closures are posted well in advance, at least they did that here as it affected everybody that lived downtown. I won't go so far as to say the cop is at fault but it's very hard to miss a movie set. There's a good chance, though, that this was a B-unit shooting transition shots without the full entourage that accompanies the big scenes. And I didn't see Michael Bay around..he was always standing around the set here. If that's the case they might not have had the full lock down.
 
It would be interesting to hear what DC says about it if they ever do.. from what I heard on the news this morning, they even had yellow tape strung across a lot of the streets.. .

I also heard that the guy that got crashed was not on the same radio freq as the cops that were blocking the streets...
 
simi - read the text that's under the video....

Not sure what you're trying to get me to see.. That I can do a casting call? :D

One of the videos is new, and interesting they say that DC police have stopped the filming until they can review safety procedures..

Looks like they are ones not following safety procedures, like blowing the stop light against protocal, and entering a closed street.. Also note the cop was in the wrong lane and had to swerve around the semi...

I've seen some pretty crazy things here in the city the cops have done especially during motorcades.. Been waiting a while to see a citizen get hurt during some motorcade runs..
 
Last edited:
If you take the time to read the entire article, and do a little research besides, it becomes clear that only a small segment of the DC police were involved in securing the perimeter for the film shoot. The rest of the DC Police were busy doing their jobs. Those involved in the film were on a completely separate (read normally unused) radio channel than the rest department, who were using their normal channels. The officer in the SUV was an Bomb Squad/K9 on a call to investigate a suspicious package, and knew little to nothing about the schedule of the film shoot.

Now I'm all for movies, but a suspicious package in our nation's capitol, trumps the making of any film I don't care if it's Citizen Kane... Know whut I mean? As I understand it, to reach the location of the package the officer had little to no choice but to cut across the perimeter of the film shooting area, or go all the way around it.

Looks like a brilliant lack of communication all round to me, with the cops no more at fault than the movie makers.
 
Back in the fall of 2004, I was an extra in another Michael Bay flick (The Island). They filmed for a week here in Detroit. It was pretty cool to see all the behind the scenes stuff and to see how different the final product looked than what we saw while they were filming.

Anyhow, in one scene, I was way the heck in the background, like two blocks away from where the action was transpiring. My location, though, was right outside the Federal Reserve Bank, and in the two or three hours I was back there, 4 or 5 armored cars entered and exited the bank. It was cool to see the security precautions they took, but you could tell that the gun battles that were being filmed two blocks away definitely had the bank's security guards on edge.
 
Back
Top Bottom