• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

DC Police screw up the new Transformers 3 filming

I remember Michael Bay basically shutting down Miami during the filming of Bad Boys 2 by overstaying his welcome on the Miami Beach Causeway during the car chase scenes. Not too many people were happy in the South Beach area. It really depends on the city, but most film crews act entitled when filming. No one actively complains in SoCal, but I remember ( while attending school in the early 90s ) that a production company had to jump through hoops to film within the city of Chicago. Guess times have changed.
I'm not a fan of Bay's work ( especially his productions with Bruckheimer ), but thats another topic.
 
It really depends on the city, but most film crews act entitled when filming.

Nerves around here really began to fray towards the end of his month-long takeover of my neighborhood. I lost it with one of the crew members after he began yelling at me for crossing my own street, a good hour before any shooting was to begin. I spend a good deal of time on film sets for work, he had absolutely no authority legally or otherwise to stop me so I just laid into him. It's really cool at first (they even 'blew up' my apartment building one night, as well as 6 others down the river here, in quick succession)...then it's not so cool. I remember yellling something about having 100 million dollars so paint me out of the (blankety blank) scene. Good times! I'll still see it, just to see me standing in the window of my building as it blows up.
 
I agree finn... Every time we jump on the bike and head for the hills, we enjoy so much the mostly polite drivers.. I guess people in the hills are in no hurry to get there..

My wiffe is back in the St. Louis area right now.. she's already remarked a couple times how much better she likes the traffic there.
 
People hate the police. We get it. When you're being robbed, call the fire department instead.

There was a suspicious package UNRELATED to the movie; if they police didn't respond and it was a bomb, I bet your tone would be "Where were the police?!" and public outcry would be the police weren't doing their job.

It was an accident, pure and simple.

/thread.

And by that logic every "accident" is an accident. Most car wrecks are the result of somebody not paying attention or otherwise not being very cautious (the case here) I have yet to be in an car accident.

I don't hate police, and I would never call a fireman if I needed police. I would certainly want the police to respond to my needs in a quick and ORDERLY fashion, but not at the risk of hurting some other innocent person on their way.
 
Last time I called a cop, it took them forever to get there and I needed out of the situation a lot faster than they were getting there.. Took them well over 15 minutes, and people all over the hood were calling them too.

But would I have wanted them to wantingly blaze through traffic like this cop did? NO! I was fine with alomst 20 minutes compared to 10..
 
Looked like one of the big Ford/Lincoln SUV's to me. Could be wrong, however.

What else have we learned here? One must be safer than the other.. the one with the least damage had the driver go to the hospital with minor injuries...

I know what I wanna be driving next time I get into an accident.. .
 
Running Code 3 through a car chase scene on a film set? That is pretty crazy. Funny how they cover the BumbleBee like it is fatality.
 
Folks... for at least the thousandth time. Political opinion is unwelcome, unwarranted and against the rules at AK. If you want to talk politics go somewhere else to do it. I don't care that this happened in D.C. that's no excuse to go off into a political rant.

If this thread crosses the line into politics again, it will be closed for good.
 
Last edited:
Although I don't think this has any direct bearing on the subject incident, DC has an amazing array of police forces. Coordination between them has proven difficult at times, as you might expect. You have DC police, Capitol Police, Park Police, Federal Police, ATF, Secret Service, WMATA (i.e., Metro (subway)) police, and probably a few more that I can't think of offhand.

They have emergency exercises occasionally and these exercises invariably point out the difficulties in coordinating between the various police agencies (not to mention the surrounding jurisdictions in MD and VA). Challenging stuff, to be sure.

Coordination issues were my first thought when I heard of this incident.
 
Yep.. I've never seen and heard of so many police agencies.. Some of them I"m still trying to figure out.. like Homeland Security Police.. . why does Homeland Security need a police force? I see regular Homeland cars, then their police cars, and they even have motorcycle police..
 
Back
Top Bottom