• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

DCM Macrophone Speakers

pauldrewry

Super Member
http://longisland.craigslist.org/ele/3287543296.html
dmcsp.jpg

They look interesting, has anyone heard of them? Too far for me to investigate.

Not mine, no affil.
 
Register to hide this ad
They are rare "deep box" bookshelf speakers, each one being 1/2 of a regular Time Window. They have tweeter tone adjustment, will handle lots of power, and have a laid back sound which matches well with vocal, jazz, and acoustic music. I have a pair and liked them much better than the early version B&W DM600. Probably worth closer to $100 since the bookshelf market has lots of options.
 
I ... liked them much better than the early version B&W DM600. Probably worth closer to $100 since the bookshelf market has lots of options.

...interesting cuz I have a pair of the B&Ws here now. This is a model speaker that I have been wanting to hear.

With the grilles non original and in that shape, I wouldn't pay over 75.
 
A little clarification here is in order as I am the poster of that ad. The cab's are actually in very good shape and so are the grill frames. I just never glued the new grill cloth to the grill frames. The original color of the grill cloths was a faded brown and the black grill cloth will look much better when easily glued. People can come to very inaccurate conclusions when not viewing the actual item in person.
 
Then you should put the above in your ad.

I would glue on the grill cloth too.

and the pics could be better...

HTH
 
the pair of macrophones I had did not have grill cloth but instead used a foam grill that was then glued to the thin plastic "frame"that you see in the pic. The frame in turn was then glued to the cabinet. Quite the pain in the ass so easy is in the eye of the doer.

That notwithstanding they really are an excellent sounding speaker. I always have a pair of bookshelfs going in my mix and those were top flight. Local markets are different but given the condition I fee $150 is overly optomistic especially when you see tf 350's in that price range
 
Back
Top Bottom