• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

unkown speakers long island

Register to hide this ad
The terminals, construction and the port design say "homemade". I suspect those may not be the original woofers. Homemade is not necessarily a bad thing if the price is right.
 
I recognize those woofers, They are the Corporate Jensen 15", not the most wonderful driver.
2_jensen_j___3_floor_standing_speakers_1_lgw.jpg
 
The terminals, construction and the port design say "homemade". I suspect those may not be the original woofers. Homemade is not necessarily a bad thing if the price is right.

I thought the same thing also. But the sticker proved otherwise. Jensen woofer doesn't make it sound promising, but the only true judge would be one's ears.
 
The construction and materials screams early 1960's build. The black spray paint is probably hiding some amazing wood veneer. I bet all the drivers are replacements for what originally was put in there. The tweeter looks more like a 90's radio shack driver than a Peerless driver, and yes... that blue surround looks like the cheap era of Jensen. You are basically buying some cool cabinets for a project.
 
I jacked with the photo a bit, you can almost make out the label, looks to me like SP........TS or something
234ce7527ae7222776ab4f98dc0ebe0a.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom