• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

DCM towers $50--DC CL

Register to hide this ad
Look like maybe TF1000s? Leadeth me not into temptation... I already have a pair and this is causing me to have evil thoughts about a Massive Overkill surround system.

I mentioned this to the girlie and she didn't even blink... just said "you'd never leave your basement."

Only downsides - I'd need a new sub and center channel appropriate to match... and yes I would leave, I'd have to buy new music and movies eventually.
 
Those are tempting.
Glad I am still not up in the DC area or they might have come home with me.....
 
Dang! I was just there yesterday too!
They look like TF400 or TF600 to me. Not tall enough to be the grands.
 
Judging by the size compared to the fireplace they are either TF-700 or TF-1000, and either way that's a crazy good deal!
 
Hard to see because of the angle but they seem wider than the 500's or 600's I have owned. Don't think they are tall enough to be 1,000's.
 
Here in Chicago there was an ad too good to be true. It was for some klipsch chorus 2. The cabs were a little rough, the dust covers dented in on one. They were asking like 130 bucks. I emailed, and got back a response that they were gone but I should sign up for "qui bids". They said that's where they got them and was "flipping them" for extra cash. I'm not saying you don't come across sweet deals but there is a lot of spam BS out there.
 
They are TF-1000s. The other models are more narrow. I'm 90% sure they are 1000s.

I am listening to mine right now. Go get them!! And plan on adding binding posts as I'm sure the ones on them are broken.
 
Not all bricks are the same size but 14 bricks on my fireplace = 38".
38" divided by 14 bricks = 2.7" So lets add another bricks worth to the 38" or they are close to 40.7".
My TF400 are 37 3/4" tall and my TF600 are 41 1/2" tall. My money is on them being TF600. Still a great deal, just bought my TF600 today for 75.00 and they are not as clean as these.
Somebody go grab them.

BillWojo
 
Just looked at the DC area Craigslist and there is a set of DCM speakers that are 4" tall by 25" wide for 80.00. Needs a little work on the socks. Now they are probably TF1000! Another set of TF500 for 50.00 that needs new socks also. Lots of deals in that area.

BillWojo
 
Back
Top Bottom