• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Denon DCD 1300 CD Player

Register to hide this ad
Sounds like a lot of money. I paid $50 for a Denon DCD-1500 several years ago.

They are built well. Mine is still going strong....
 
Pass. Although Denon made some great players, that's a high price. Sounds like a Thrift Store Flipper.
 
Yup - there was a DCD-1500 on CL Cleveland the other day for $40, and I thought that was expensive. These are nice CDPs, but you see a lot of nice CDPs for $5-$10 these days.

Frank
 
Yup - there was a DCD-1500 on CL Cleveland the other day for $40, and I thought that was expensive. These are nice CDPs, but you see a lot of nice CDPs for $5-$10 these days.

Frank

A nice functioning DCD-1500 with it's original remote is worth $40. I never see a lot of nice CDP's for $5-$10. A Denon DCM 777, Yamaha CD 2, NAD 515, and a Yamaha CDC 775 that I did not buy for $30. That is all I have seen in two years THAT IS GOOD! And none of those are like wow finds. Although the 777 is worth a few bucks. There are plenty of junk players out there in the $5-$10 range. How many Denon 1500's have you seen?
 
I think the 1300 used a single DAC rather than the twin DAC of the 1500. That was way back when DACs were expensive and only top models got two. That whole series had mediocre reliability as I recall. The later Mk II and 20 series were a lot better.

I just picked up a Mission PCM II, almost mint with remote, outer and inner boxes, all packing and transport screws for $90. We sold both and the Mission killed the Denon. Also, the Mission is much less common which means they command a fair amount more. So yes, $75 seems high.
 
A nice functioning DCD-1500 with it's original remote is worth $40.

OK, I take back what I said. You are right, a nice functioning DCD-1500 with remote is worth $40. I just didn't want to buy it at the time - too many CDPs cluttering up my place already.

Still, $75 for a DCD-1300 seems rather a lot of money.

Frank
 
I think the 1300
used a single DAC rather than the twin DAC
of the 1500. That was way back when DACs were expensive and only top models got two. That whole series had mediocre reliability as I recall. The later Mk II and 20 series were a lot better.

I just picked up a Mission PCM II, almost mint with remote, outer and inner boxes, all packing and transport screws for $90. We sold both and the Mission killed the Denon. Also, the Mission is much less common which means they command a fair amount more. So yes, $75 seems high.

The Yamaha CD 2 has one DAC. If you can come across one give it a listen.:thmbsp:
And the Mission find is not a common occurence. Montreal is quite an expensive place so there may be more high end bargain gear floating around.
 
No need for me to hunt down a CD2. We also sold Yamaha and I really liked their CDPs sound wise.

And yes, some single DAC machines sounded good. I only mentioned it to situate the 1300 in the line up compared to the 1500 that had been referenced.
 
I bought a DCD-1300 at a thrift store recently for $12. Yes it only has one DAC. Not worth $75 in my opinion. My $15 Playstation sounds better.
 
I just picked up a DCD 1300 at my local GW for $4.
Seemed like a good price to me and I couldn't pass it up, lol.
 
I'm looking for Denon DCD-1300 user's manual. Does any of the members have such manual in possession and would be willing to share?
 
Have you checked the "digital docs" section here at AK?
Or hifiengine.com ....registration is free and they never bother you after you join.
 
Thank you for quick response. I did checked both, digital docs, and hifiengine, and much, much more. I tried browsing the web for almost an hour, and found almost nothing. Otherwise, I would not bother you asking, if it was that easy. I said almost, because I found a german version of "Operating Istructions". I know german a little, but not that fluent, to be able to understand the technical context of manual. And unfortunately, I didn't even came over a single trace of service manual, in which I'm even more interested.
 
Back
Top Bottom