• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Displaying your gear and all important WAF

For WAF, closeable cabinets seem to be the answer but removable back panels and being able to move them away from the wall (furniture coasters) have been essential to make a reasonable compromise. Otherwise, swapping stuff in and out is truly painful. Ventilation is a concern too that may require subtle modifications.
 
When my wife was still alive she never said anything about the stereo or how it was displayed. That was until one day she asked if I would consider downsizing. The speakers were large Wilson Audio Witt II's. I tried, but ended up getting larger speakers after I couldn't live with smaller. She never complained.

She was an amazing woman. One day, out of the blue she says to me " You should get a new truck".

Hard to improve upon someone like her.
 
My wife couldn't care less. Well, maybe a little! I actually get to have a system in the living room, bedroom, and of course in the mancave. She rarely goes to the cave, so that's no issue. The other systems are done with taste and with her in mind. Other than the man cave, I don't have gear displayed just for the sake of it.
 
Just asked my wife about our living room set-up - "I like the music."

I did get her to offer that she would prefer gear in wood cabinets compared to the Yamaha silver-and-piano black gear we have now. She "loves nature" (!) I offered to swap with the wood-cased Luxman pre/power amps I have in the Music Room but she shrugged. I told her that I had been careful to exclude ugly gear - so far.

She does insist on being able to dust but the turntable is still off-limits to her for that.

Is she a great gal or what?

EDIT: I had a great idea! This is my excuse for a restored Fisher 500-C I've long wanted. That's plenty of power for the Fortes too.
 
Last edited:
We live in a small semi. Kids all grown up and left home.
Our front room is only 12' x 9' , half the length of our lounge which is more my wife's domain, she's into decoupage card and costume jewellery making for friends and relatives. At this time of the year it looks more like a Chinese sweatshop with half-finished stuff all over the place.
So the front room is my domain. I'm a tidy person so no cables everywhere. Nothing much has changed much in fifty years, other than the TV and gear under it, the addition of two jukebox wall boxes and my sixth electric piano and the tenor sax.

P1060379.JPG

P1060215.JPG
P1030276.JPG


Then of course there's my office...alright our smallest bedroom.

P1050702.JPG


Oh! and my garden den.


We're both at ease with our different interests.
 
Have not been on AK in a while. Hope all is well with everyone. Things have changed a bit. No longer single but this sweetheart is accepting of just about anything I want to do. I have gotten more picky about what I buy these days because wel! at this point I have an obscene amount of gear. Funny it took so many years to get the first response to my original post!
 
Back
Top Bottom