• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Do female audiophiles exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don't let them ever think of it as an old boys club or they'll be banging down the doors just on principle!
 
Who remembers Enid Lumley? The woman who wrote for Absolute Sound and said your system sounded best when you weren't in the room with it.

More women would probably participate in forums like this if we men behaved ourselves better; didn't curse and post lubricious avatars.
 
Why was this tired old (implicitly...or explicitly sexist) topic resurrected from the dead? :no:

Plenty do. My gf helps me pick out our gear by coming with me to auditions/dealers or by giving her feedback when testing at home. The aesthetics of said gear is as important to her as it is to me (that is to say, a significant factor, but not a main one).

And our local audio group has several active female members (who are not just dragged to the meetings by their husbands/bf's).

Just like female Rush fans, they do exist, and plenty are "hotties" to use that sophomoric term (as if that is relevant in any way? and if it is, then many--most?--male audiophiles are middle aged overweight men so...:D).
 
No. Female audiophiles do not exist, as evidences at my participation at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Thousands of attendees all packing johnsons.

Get over yourself - I haven't been to a DC Audiofest for about 3 years - timing hasn't worked - plus it can be a very narrow crowd, to say the least ... doesn't mean I don't swap gear and enjoy listening ...
 
Sure, a couple of non-johnson examples here and there but by and large it's all about that sausage. No treble!
 
OMG GURLZ. (I thought the primary demographic of this forum was grown ass adults)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
Sure, a couple of non-johnson examples here and there but by and large it's all about that sausage. No treble!

I would think that Audio Karma Member of the Year 2013 merits respect :thmbsp:

And I also think this thread should be closed or heavily redacted shortly :)

Roger
 
There is a standard audiophile's tome by Laura Dearborn titled "Good Sound".

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
I speak ze truth! And you know something else? At 41, I felt like the youngest dude there. Hate to say it but it seems Generation Yers/Millennials could care less about great HiFi.
 
Last edited:
zu2u4uva.jpg


Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
I speak ze truth! And you know something else? At 41, I felt like the youngest dude there. Hate to say it but it seems Generation Yers/Millennials could care less about great HiFi.

More generalizations incoming.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
This thread is awesome. Thanks for the laughs. I think we need to move into the under reported arena of audio appreciation based on national origin. :)
 
I'm guessing that audiophiles with low incomes were also underrepresented at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Perhaps I need to start a Southern Appalachian Audio Fest for us hillbillies.
 
I speak ze truth! And you know something else? At 41, I felt like the youngest dude there. Hate to say it but it seems Generation Yers/Millennials could care less about great HiFi.

Perhaps you are participating in the wrong forum. It could be that you would be happier somewhere else.:yes:
 
I speak ze truth! And you know something else? At 41, I felt like the youngest dude there. Hate to say it but it seems Generation Yers/Millennials could care less about great HiFi.

For the love of Zod, not this crap again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom