• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Does anybody have any idea is it worth to buy Technics sl m3? (No affiliation)

Register to hide this ad
Sure, I think it's worth that. Just be aware that it's not like having a 1200 where if there's a problem you have a neverending supply of parts and knowledge available to help you out. Also, I'd be terrified of shipping one of those. I'm actually kind of tempted to buy that and pick it up, but I'm broke right now.
 
Last edited:
THAT is my "holy grail" affordable turntable, with possibly the best (or one of the very best) P-mount carts ever made. Look at the cartridge closeup picture though; is the stylus gone?
 
Hard to tell on the stylus but what dumptruck said about the 1200 is very much true. In fact this table might be pretty much impossible to find parts for just because it is so rare.
 
I think the stylus is just hidden in a smooth dome of gunk, but you'd want to plan on a getting a new one anyway.
 
If it sells for opening bid, I'm thinking the cartridge alone would be almost worth the price IF it is intact, and has a good cantilever and tip.

I fired off a question to the seller, so we'll see. As if I need to spend money. (I don't.)
 
Last edited:
I've just fired off a fussilade of questions to the seller about various things; particularly about his shipping abilities. I said that I would bid, but only if he agreed to pack it according to the eBay turntable packaging guide.

I'd dearly love to get this, but not badly enough to foolishly risk getting burned.
 
I paid $600 for mine on an eBay buy-it-now listing a couple years ago. It came with a brand new Grado Silver ($190 list) and all the original packaging including the box and the locks for the tonearm. I also bought it from The Turntable Factory, so I felt very certain it would arrive properly packed and working well, which turned out to be the case. I remember well my feverishly researching the turntable and pricing, trying to decide if I wanted to spend that much, and hoping someone else didn't buy it before I could make the decision. I love my SL-M3.

It is hard to tell what is going on with the stylus. The stylus carrier isn't fully seated on the cartridge, and from the back side of the turntable, where the photo was taken, the clear plastic prism (the stylus illuminator, which is removable) is in the way of seeing the cantilever.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom