• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Does anybody remember when Alternative went off the air right across North America?

In my area, Classic ALT was turned off last year. It was on HD3, almost no ads but, only one or two major hits of each artist they played - nice but long in the tooth. When they started playing an unknown to me tune by Tangerine Dream I almost veered into another lane, but they quickly realised their mistake and switched to "Take On Me". Whata downer it was.

Why would anyone care about FM anyway? The whole long tail of music is available to you on your smartphone.
 
In my area, Classic ALT was turned off last year. It was on HD3, almost no ads but, only one or two major hits of each artist they played - nice but long in the tooth. When they started playing an unknown to me tune by Tangerine Dream I almost veered into another lane, but they quickly realised their mistake and switched to "Take On Me". Whata downer it was.

Why would anyone care about FM anyway? The whole long tail of music is available to you on your smartphone.

Only if they were playing "Ypsilon In Malaysian pale".......

This is terrestrial radio. That's why $3k+ for many TOTL vintage receivers makes little sense to me. Unless you are collecting them. Aesthetics, and opinions aside.

I put a small, nice NAD tuner back in my humble set up and rarely use it. Only the lower end of the dial, usually public radio is worth listening to.

I have so much I need to flip. Laptop to amp to speakers. That's the direction I want to head.
 
Back
Top Bottom