• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dual 1219 Bad Motor - Replacement motor?

Have to agree with Seth (Notransistors) about motors. Never had problems other than I could not get one apart to clean and oil it. It sat too long in a damp basement. Other than that they all came apart and back togather working happily along. I'm old and have seen a lot of Dual motors. A few had a bad cap inside the start switch. Stole a cap off a junk table and all was well.

If the motor is frozen, you can remove it, take it apart, clean and oil it. Doubt it's bad. I do have a working motor if you need it. Free to a good home! I have cleaned and oiled it so it's ready to go. It was on a 1229 that had more problems than I have time to list! Let it sit as a complete sort of working turntable for a year. Grudgingly, I made it a parts table. A donor for three 1219s!. There are many Akers that can help,getting that 1219 working. My three "parts" units have worked out well. Two I will keep. One went through hell with me. Keeping it as it had many problems. We went through the wars togather. Cosmetically 8 out of 10. Found an early 1219, parts unit that was too nice to junk. Nice and came out really good. This one is perfect! Learned it's slightly different underneath. A keeper. Have 4. Once gone through, your 1219 will run without issues. Good luck. Post with. Questions!

I need some assistance please. I have power to the on/off switch on my Dual 1229. I have completely serviced unit including oil to the motor what a pain). Will a bad cap in the start switch prevent the motor from running? If so, where can I find one? Also, if my motor has failed, how can I source one? Thanks.
 
Back
Top Bottom