KCharlemagne
New Member
Hello,
Another post seeking help wiring a nondescript Dynaco tube board from Ebay. This one is a Dynaco 6v6 ultra linear circuit. I have the power supply issue under control, but I'm looking for advice on how to properly wire the output transformers to the board. I've read that the OPT for ultra linear needs to have 5 primary taps? Is this correct (seems consistent with board)? If so, a brief conceptual explanation of why this is the case would be much appreciated. I assume the "SG" 1-4 and "P" 1-4 solder points stand for "screen grid," and "plate." Do "L-FB" and "R-FB" stand for left and right feedback?
Anyone have any recs on OPTs for this circuit other than Hammond 1608 series?
Thanks!

Another post seeking help wiring a nondescript Dynaco tube board from Ebay. This one is a Dynaco 6v6 ultra linear circuit. I have the power supply issue under control, but I'm looking for advice on how to properly wire the output transformers to the board. I've read that the OPT for ultra linear needs to have 5 primary taps? Is this correct (seems consistent with board)? If so, a brief conceptual explanation of why this is the case would be much appreciated. I assume the "SG" 1-4 and "P" 1-4 solder points stand for "screen grid," and "plate." Do "L-FB" and "R-FB" stand for left and right feedback?
Anyone have any recs on OPTs for this circuit other than Hammond 1608 series?
Thanks!

