• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dynaco a25 question

PeerlessK

Well-Known Member
I've only seen the Dynaco a25 with the baffle/grill on the bottom of the speakers . The ones pictured are on top are these originals? Knock offs ? Educate me please

What would these be worth ?
 

Attachments

  • 64FD886D-77DD-4BD1-9E6C-963EF6501903.JPG
    64FD886D-77DD-4BD1-9E6C-963EF6501903.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
They made half a million of these and some have top vents, others bottom vents. Top vent is less common and I believe an earlier version. There were also two different sets of drivers used, Scanspeak or Seas. All are still A25s and sound like it.

Dynaco A25s sell from absolutely FREE to about $250 a pair. Depends on all sorts of things, condition, correct drivers, boxes, urgency to move them as well as how much the seller thinks they are worth.
 
Yes, those are the Scanspeak version which I believe were sometimes designated as A-25X. I have a pair as well.


Les.
 
I had a pair of mismatched A25's. One had Scandspeak drivers and the other Seas. They sounded identical.

You can tell the Scanspeak woofers from the Seas because the VC tinsel wires are on opposite sides of the dustcap.

Also the little grill over the tweeters are different.
 
Back
Top Bottom