• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Electro Voice Crossover and ReDope Questions

TimmahTao

AK Member
My dad has a set of old Electrovoice speakers that he loves, and I would like to bring them back up to spec. Personally, I think that the mid and high horns are a little tinny sounding. I've deoxited the 'Brilliance' and 'Presence' (high and mid) controls, but am assuming that I will have to do some work in the crossover and replace any old paper caps.

Unfortunately, the crossover is inside a sealed metal box. I've attached a picture. Is this box able to be opened for repair? If so, the route to ingress is not obvious.

The woofers' cloth surrounds is also in need of a ReDope. What is the current/best recommendation for cloth surrounds?
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Any additional info you guys have on these speakers would be helpful as well. They have no external labeling on them.
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom