• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Estate sale Athens GA - MacIntosh MC-30 and AR-1

Register to hide this ad
Looks like they're looking to get $1700 for the MC-30, according to the masking tape tag...

Edit: also some horns, a big woofer, (possibly?) a rough ST-70—priced at $225, and potentially other tube stuff in later pics.
 
Last edited:
TAKE COVID PRECAUTIONS! It's just stuff....

C8 equalizer:

1.jpg

Dyna on the shelf:

1.jpg
 
Maybe wait for last day of sale and see if what is left is discounted.
 
Last edited:
Person in car sneezes in hand or wipes nose or rubs eyes even with the mask on. Puts on mask. Touches or picks up anything in the house. Germs spread. The mask is damn near pointless. This coming from someone who wears a face shield, n95, shoe covers, a clothing gown and gloves and I've already had the virus in March and have antibodies.

It is a false sense of safety and is not the end all be all or a solution. Now it is becoming simply the PC thing to do or your company is viewed as "not caring" for your customers.
 
Person in car sneezes in hand or wipes nose or rubs eyes even with the mask on. Puts on mask. Touches or picks up anything in the house. Germs spread. The mask is damn near pointless. This coming from someone who wears a face shield, n95, shoe covers, a clothing gown and gloves and I've already had the virus in March and have antibodies.

It is a false sense of safety and is not the end all be all or a solution. Now it is becoming simply the PC thing to do or your company is viewed as "not caring" for your customers.

I do get the notion behind it at least being a droplet suppressant. Perfect clearly not. But hey why not.

Your the same age as me. What did it feel like when you had it?

That's the one thing about this that is kinda creepy. No the death rate isnt nearly as bad as we were once worried it could be. But wow how it affects people is far from consistent. No matter the adult age or fitness it can be asymptomatic or put you in bed for weeks feeling like death worn over. So weird.

The mythbusters contact spread video shows what your talking about. I hear ya. I simply also see the how it can at least help in slowing how easily droplets get out.

All the best man.
 
Although I know that they powered mono systems several decades ago, they do not sell well as singles today. Mono amps are typically paired to get any decent money (at least mono McIntosh amps) and the several people on this forum who have owned single MC50s, MC30s, MC60s spend a long time looking for a mate. I almost joined that club buying an MC60 at a price I couldn't believe, the buyer told me that he had owned it for 2 years watching for a decent mate, was finally giving up.

This one is also not in prime condition.
 
So, went to the sale. The Mac went the second day for $1K - seemed in good condition but more than I can Sneak by the significant other. Somebody picked up a very dirty AR turntable (and partially disassembled) for $5 on the first day. The Dynaco mono sold for asking the first day. The AR speakers were rough and did not sell. I bought a new ultrasonic cleaner for $10 - my only purchase. Lots of interesting strange home brew stuff with no value except to the owner. Not a lot of interesting stuff showing up locally at the moment.
 
So, went to the sale. The Mac went the second day for $1K - seemed in good condition but more than I can Sneak by the significant other. Somebody picked up a very dirty AR turntable (and partially disassembled) for $5 on the first day. The Dynaco mono sold for asking the first day. The AR speakers were rough and did not sell. I bought a new ultrasonic cleaner for $10 - my only purchase. Lots of interesting strange home brew stuff with no value except to the owner. Not a lot of interesting stuff showing up locally at the moment.

Thanks for the follow up report.
 
With the AR-1 cabinet condition means very little. As long as those precious Western Electric drivers are in great shape thats all that matters. Those drivers sell for thousands and thousands of dollars. I have had a set. I would head back and try to get a deal. Anything under $2k would be a score.
 
Back
Top Bottom